Urban Underground video tutorials

unicat

Hi, i tried to follow this great videos but getting a bunch of errors. First i created a New Project, then imported FPS Weapons asset and Urban Underground asset. No problems or errors.
Then imported UCC and got this errors:

UCC_errors.PNG

I am using UCC 2.02 and Unity 2018.2,10f1.

There is a script named Respawner in the Urban Underground Folder. After deleting this all is working fine now.

Other Questions:

1. Can`t find the minigun animator. Where can i find it ?
2. The FPS Weapons arms and weapons are legacy rig. Should they be converted to generic ?

Thank you

1. That was created by us in order to support the FPS Weapons asset. Unfortunately I don't have that project anymore to be able to send to you. This animator was created with a similar structure as the assault rifle animator.
2. Yes.

If i walk with my player into the Underground train and jump, the player goes higher and higher every jump. Much higher then the train. This doesn`t happen outside the train. What can i do to prevent this ?

If i am in the train and the train starts to drive, my player blows away outside the train and then outside the level.
Using 2.03. I think i haden`t this probs with versions under 2.03. Has something changed with the player physics or is my setup wrong ?

Will try this now with the nolan character.

Last edited:
Make sure your train is set to the MovingPlatform layer and has the AnimatorUpdate component. You'll get some strange things if you don't have this setup.

Hm, can`t get this to work. If i set the train to the MovingPlatform Layer and add the animatorupdate component my player (soldier1 or nolan) falls trough the floor after entering the train.

Last edited:
This are the same settings that i have. I will start with a fresh project now, maybe something went wrong.

Ok, tried a complete new project and have the same problem. After enter the train the player falls through the floor. I`m giving up on this for now.

Last edited:
Looked at this again and found the following: If my Player falls through the floor from the train his capsule collider is four times higher then before. Height 8 instead of 2.
The scene works fine with other fps Controllers from the asset store. (Latest tested RFPS). Not falling through the train floor with other Controllers.

Attachments

• UCC_CC_er.jpg
    UCC_CC_er.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
If you create a regular moving platform does it work? The tall collider is probably because of the CapsuleColliderPositioner trying to readjust based on the character's transforms.

Have tried this now again with the new UCC Version (2.1.2) and the latest 2018.3.10f1 Unity Version. If the train layer is set to default my player doesn`t fall through the train floor. But then he is not moving with the Train (As expected). If i set the layer to Moving Platform he instantly falls through the Trains Floor. Any Idea ?

Last edited:
Hah, after a long time i found out why it was not working. The animated train has a box collider around it. If i disable this my Player doesn`t fall through the floor anymore. Now i can use this wonderful controller in my Underground Scene. The only thing left is if i jump inside the train the train moves forward and the player not. But i can live with this because why should i jump in a train. :)