Update gives me anxiety

Mattis

Hey. Okay... So.. the update..
What should I do about my character? Make a prefab out of him and move him in my own folder?

What about duplicated surface effects and those,moved them too?

What else? What about all my settings ? All my abilities? Rcc car drive Ability? Intergrations?

.... This sucks.

Updating is just like importing any other Unity package. When you import, you'll see the list of all the assets that will be added/changed as normal. As long as you haven't made any changes to any of the Opsive scripts, and aren't directly using/editing any of the Opsive prefabs etc., you should be fine.

Of course it's always a good idea to backup before doing big updates though. If you're using git or another version control you can just use that as backup, otherwise just copy your entire project folder somewhere.

Okay ? well I have edited quite alot of prefabs, all surface effects one and changed them to my own and some are duplicated also and changed, should I move them?

You can check when you import if any of those files will be edited, but generally it's best if you're going to edit any of the assets to duplicate them first, or sub-class if it's a script, etc.