Unity Input system third Person Controller

MarkusKer

Hi, I would like to integrate the new Unity input system. However, i only have version 2.4.9. Is it possible to somehow download this integration? The project is already pretty far and upgrading to version 3 would be difficult.

Yes, all of the version 2 integrations are available through the normal download.

Hi, sadly i am receiving the following error after importing:
Assets\Opsive\Shared\Integrations\InputSystem\UnityInputSystem.cs(17,51): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Input' does not exist in the namespace 'Opsive.Shared' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

along with 11 other errors created because of this.
I have already followed this tutorial and got rid of about 140 errors.

I'm not sure why you are getting that error - the Input namespace exists within the shared folder for both version 2 and 3. I would first start with a fresh project to ensure there isn't something else causing the problem and then you can bring it over to your own project.

It is working on a new project. however, the hierarchy in the new project looks very different from mine. It looks like I am using an older version. However, i am not sure which one. I was unable to find a hint of which version I currently have installed. In the newer version there are a lot more references to folders in the "Shared" folder and not under the TPC

Before importing the package the folder "Input" was not even existing. Is there a way to use this system without updating somehow? There are already a lot of dependencies.

The shared input namespace was added awhile ago so you are on a really old version. I'm not able to support that old of a version anymore.

Thank you, I am a bit confused about the Third Person Controller and the Legacy Version of it. How can I determine which version I am using?
I was unable to find some way of upgrade path.

You can see the version within the welcome manager under the tools menu. It's also in the AssetInfo file.