UMA Integration: Fast Acceleration When Airborne?

Eyeshock

I'm encountering a weird issue where the UMA Integration spawned character have very fast acceleration when not touching the ground:

1) Not encountering with regular UCC characters; tried copying all their script values to the UMA char
2) Seems not Rig or model related; tried several avatars and races
3) Disabled all abilities
4) Reduced Acceleration attributes in Locomotion to 0.
5) Disabled State Names of Airborne and all references.

Still encountering the issue. Not sure what else to try here. It's very strange.

Using Opsive update and UMA integration from late September 2020. I'll probably try updating tomorrow and see if that helps.

If you set the acceleration to 0 and are not using root motion then it sounds like something else is causing the issue. I haven't heard of this happening before and with those values set to 0 the controller will not move unless it is resolving a collision within the bounds of the collider.

Ok. I think I've nailed down what's causing it: but it's weird.

Example Video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Z0WC3StqIDgQcc6SueqMXsOJdQWtzHVi/view?usp=sharing

So I'm running two PCs here:
1) Default setup from CC without UMA (in foreground)
2) UMA (in the background)

The default airborne acceleration of 0.18, 0, 0.18 is on both; with airborne dampening default at 0.01 and motor dampening at 0.27 (see attachment for complete settings). You can see in the video they perform differently though in the same scene.

Setting the airborne acceleration to 0, 0, 0 makes #1 go still during the jump, but #2 only slows to the point where the jump feels normal.

Here's why:
The UMA keeps an airborne dampening of 0.01 while jumping.
The non-UMA default for some reason sets the airborne dampening to be equal to the motor dampening when you start to move around (0.27; I can't set it to anything else, something sets it to 0.27 no matter what).

Setting the UMA airborne dampening to 0.27 fixes the issue (it allows me to change it).

But something about this feels not right. Not being able to set the standard UCC air dampening, the mimic of the motor dampening, and the default of 0.01 launching the UMA forward with each jump.

I'm not even sure which is performing as expected honestly.

Please advise. Thank you.

Attachments

• airborneUMA.PNG
    airborneUMA.PNG
    87.9 KB · Views: 7
Just a good but maybe your mass is set differently? That will affect how the force is applied.