UMA compatibility?

tiggus

Hello,

I am looking for a good third person character controller with UMA characters, was wondering if this is compatible? I saw another thread that seemed to indicate there might be some issues with IK, binding items to hands etc.

Thanks!

There is an unofficial integration which seems to work well. The next integration that we release will add UMA integration that I create though. I have it working for third person, just need to figure out first person.

There is an unofficial integration which seems to work well. The next integration that we release will add UMA integration that I create though. I have it working for third person, just need to figure out first person.

Great, thanks for the confirmation - third person is all I need!

Do you have ETA for this integration? I saw that 2.0.5 release has preparation for the integration.

Still haven't had a chance to look at it yet - I plan on releasing UMA (and FinalIK) integration after the 2.1 release.

If I can speak for myself, I would like to have FinalIK integration first and then UMA. I already have UMA working(in 3P only though) and it wasn't hard.

There are some issues with my attempt on FinalIK integration and I really need your help.

Thanks. ^^

Justin, UMA 2.8 is just out. Do you have your UMA integration script available? It's non-critical but I have one annoying message that complaining like below.
I wonder if your integration fixes it. I guess it's ok even if you don't have support 1P UMA. Just let users know about that.
Cheers!

Destroying assets is not permitted to avoid data loss.
If you really want to remove an asset use DestroyImmediate (theObject, true);

Last edited:
that's from UMA. If you don't see it, then I did something wrong.
UMA character is created dynamically and it looks like timing issue.
I changed the script order but I guess that's not good enough.

I would send the call stack to the UMA developers so they can take a look at it. For that error the execution order isn't going to fix it.

I'm still getting the UMA error after 2.1.1. It seems harmless but I'm not sure if anyone else is getting it too.

1551224633772.png