UMA Animation issues

nfoote

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if I could get some help with a problem I've been having with UMA? Please see the youtube link for a demonstration.

My character's arms start rotating / moving oddly when the camera is facing him and he is attacking. The attack animation looks fine when the camera is positioned behind the character though.

Things I've tried:

I've followed the UMA integration guide (Bone Builder) in the documentation, and have made sure the rig etc is generated correctly. I've also carefully followed the video tutorials for setting up third person items and melee weapon setup.

I've tried adjusting the character joint configuration for the right / left arm and ensuring it matches similar properties to the demo scene.

Anyway, I'd like to get my guy looking a bit more fearsome and a little less like a contortionist - so any help would be appreciated. I can provide some screenshots of rig settings if that helps too. Cheers :)

When your sword is equipped you should use the state system to adjust the weight of the upper body bones. Take a look at the video on this page:

Just curious if it would be possible to adjust bone weight programatically?

Attaching a script to weapons to define a weight value and auto adjusting bones on the entity thats holding it would be a nice little script to have