Ultimate Steamworks Networking - Assets Project (Fish-Net, Mirror and Netcode)

I guess it depends on what you mean by right approach, technically in theory? Maybe. But it's clear he's committed initially to something he's not remotely capable of delivering in practice, and rather than just say that, has led people on unduly.

In terms of what it means for UCC, my biggest concern is that we're really back to square one with it - nowhere near getting Netcode support for it, and with an increasing number of other character controllers supporting Netcode out there, it's getting hard to justify sticking with UCC, which is a shame.

If I'm honest I'd love nothing more than to see you folks at Opsive just bite the bullet and focus on first party Netcode support. I appreciate you have your own priorities which you no doubt determine from feedback you solicit more broadly than just anecdotes from people like myself, but personally for me, lack of Netcode integration is really the single most glaring gap in UCC's functionality right now. This asset gave some hope that might be resolved, but it's clear now this asset has zero chance of being a path to getting Netcode support in UCC.

If I'm honest I'd love nothing more than to see you folks at Opsive just bite the bullet and focus on first party Netcode support. I appreciate you have your own priorities which you no doubt determine from feedback you solicit more broadly than just anecdotes from people like myself, but personally for me, lack of Netcode integration is really the single most glaring gap in UCC's functionality right now. This asset gave some hope that might be resolved, but it's clear now this asset has zero chance of being a path to getting Netcode support in UCC.
I don't want this thread to get off topic but eventually I would like to do a Netcode integration if the Ultimate Steamworks Networking package doesn't have it by then. I am focused on Behavior Designer and Omni Animation right now and as soon as those have settled I will look further into it. In the meantime I hope that @Pesadelo do Espantalho is able to publish his asset soon.

I guess it depends on what you mean by right approach, technically in theory? Maybe. But it's clear he's committed initially to something he's not remotely capable of delivering in practice, and rather than just say that, has led people on unduly.

In terms of what it means for UCC, my biggest concern is that we're really back to square one with it - nowhere near getting Netcode support for it, and with an increasing number of other character controllers supporting Netcode out there, it's getting hard to justify sticking with UCC, which is a shame.

Look, I don't know what your goal is. At the time I was also waiting for the Mirror integration with which I had time to understand lots of essential points and when the person let go of the project, knowing that I needed it I decided to do it through myself, maybe at the time I didn't have the skills but I obtained them through hard work, now you ask me why the project is constantly postponed, it's because I have health problems , but I currently have a working and playable version which will be released when I am ready.