Ultimate Inventory Manager Integration?

Gelatinous3

Currently trying to integrate Deathmatch AI functionality for Behavior Manager into my game, however from what I've been able to piece together from debugging it seems much of the logic is attempting to call items / loadouts tied to the UCC inventory, which doesn't support/integrate with the UIM inventory.

I'm curious if anyone has solved for this, sans re-building the characters without integrating them into the inventory system / rebuilding my items as a result?

I haven't seen anybody attempt this integration yet so it'll be interesting to hear your experience. I was careful to use Item Definitions instead of Item Types so in theory it shouldn't require any changes to the scripts. I'd like to be able to look at providing an actual integration though.

I'll have to re-stage the issue so I can grab specific errors, but effectively what I seem to run into is this:
  • Deathmatch AI functions which reference loadouts appear to rely on the classic UCC loadouts rather than UIM
  • On Start using a UIM loadout, debugging throws:
    • NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an objectOpsive.DeathmatchAIKit.AI.DeathmatchAgent+WeaponStat.Initialize (UnityEngine.GameObject gameObject) (at Assets/Opsive/DeathmatchAIKit/Scripts/AI/DeathmatchAgent.cs:93)
      Opsive.DeathmatchAIKit.AI.DeathmatchAgent.Start () (at Assets/Opsive/DeathmatchAIKit/Scripts/AI/DeathmatchAgent.cs:239)
  • As a result, the scripts don't appear to be able to reference the loadouts/weapons to use for decision-making actions such as 'Attack Movement'
  • I am able to resolve this by adding an additional inventory and loadout component to the object using the UCC item systems, however:
    • The Ultimate Character Locomotion object integrated via UIM only provides Equip/Unequip actions for UIM item categories. As a result, while the Deathmatch AI now recognizes that there are viable item loadouts to add to the inventory, I am unable to add Equip/Unequip actions using the item categories and an error message is thrown that the item categories for the UCC items cannot be found.

It does look like there are some changes needed. @Sangemdoko this looks like it would be a good integration, maybe when we release the FPS schema?

The errors mentioned are mostly limitations with the UCC+UIS integration. I have them as things to fix in the TODO list.
To be sure I would need to go trough the deathmatch + UIS setup myself.

Most if not all of these issues are things we will definitely need to solve for the current project we are working on. But some of these issues are quite complicated to solve. I'm afraid It may take a long time before it is ready to release.

The errors mentioned are mostly limitations with the UCC+UIS integration. I have them as things to fix in the TODO list.
To be sure I would need to go trough the deathmatch + UIS setup myself.

Most if not all of these issues are things we will definitely need to solve for the current project we are working on. But some of these issues are quite complicated to solve. I'm afraid It may take a long time before it is ready to release.
So, when will this problem be solved? I have already used UCC and UIS. If AI and player character use two inventory systems, it will make game making more complicated.

2. In addition, about UMA integration, How long will have to wait?:) I will soon have to work on this. I need to decide whether to complete the integration by myself or simply deal with it first and wait for the official integration.

We currently don't have an ETA when it will be integrated with the inventory system. Our first priority is Adventure Kit.

2. In addition, about UMA integration, How long will have to wait?:) I will soon have to work on this. I need to decide whether to complete the integration by myself or simply deal with it first and wait for the official integration.
Generally we don't give ETAs unless we are really close so for this I would do the integration on your own so you aren't waiting for us.