Ultimate Character Controller + Control Freak 2 Help

isabellasdonut

I'm using the latest version of Unity 2019.2.17f1

Clean Slate Demo Scene from UCC
Control Freak 2 Integrations from Opsive.com website

I'm trying to use the demo scene with mobile controls using 3rd Person View.

While In Play Mode:

I have to disable the CF2 Gameobject, Choose Third Person.

Then turn the CF2 Gameobject back on, and it works 100%. All the joypads, and buttons work.

How can I remove this perspective choice screen, and force the demo already into 3rd Person Mode with the mobile controls. So I can do an Android build and become testing this assist.

I've tried messing with the sorting layers of the UI.

I've tried moving the 3rd Person button to the CF2 Canvas and it stops the CF2 From working.

I've tried changing the Camera script to awake on the player, as well as tweaking the numerous settings.

I was told to get support through the forums rather than the DISCORD.

How can I bypass this "demo manager" perspective choice screen, force the asset into 3rd person with CF2 working.

Keep in mind, the CF2 is working properly and all buttons are working.

Attachments

• UCC1.jpg
    UCC1.jpg
    526.9 KB · Views: 13
  • UCC2.jpg
    UCC2.jpg
    729.8 KB · Views: 12
  • UCC3.jpg
    UCC3.jpg
    760 KB · Views: 11
I've tried the Free Roam setting as well, However the the mouse disappears, I can't rotate the view with the mouse anymore, and I can't use the mobile controls. I believe the Unity Input had a box to not hide the mouse cursor, however, I'm using the Control Freak 2 Integration Input Script instead of the Unity Input. So no luck down this path also.

Attachments

• UCC5.jpg
    UCC5.jpg
    812.6 KB · Views: 8
Just to give you a heads up that the demo scenes aren't meant for mobile as they haven't been optimized for mobile from a model/texture point of view.

Free Roam is likely what you want, but I the DemoManager has some cursor calls specifically because it is meant for the desktop. You can either manually remove those calls to Cursor.lockState/visible within the DemoManager script, or you could create a new scene and copy Nolan and the camera from the demo scene to that new scene.

Just to give you a heads up that the demo scenes aren't meant for mobile as they haven't been optimized for mobile from a model/texture point of view.

Free Roam is likely what you want, but I the DemoManager has some cursor calls specifically because it is meant for the desktop. You can either manually remove those calls to Cursor.lockState/visible within the DemoManager script, or you could create a new scene and copy Nolan and the camera from the demo scene to that new scene.

I understand, most demos aren't fit for mobile devices. Certain things need to be done to optimize for phones. Thanks to a help from a friend on the DISCORD server, I was able to get it up and running. Even in the state that it's in. It runs great on the phone. Really impressed with that so far.

Heads up as well. Around the globe, a lot of gamers have consoles and PC's. However these past few years, Mobile Gaming is reigning in supreme with profit and expansion. Everyone has a phone in their pockets. Would be great to see more assets tuned and made for mobile platforms. I'm very big on assets, So of course after reading reviews and confusion as to which ultimate controller to pick. Which I've tried a couple, $180 is kinda steep, but overall very happy with my purchase. Will be leaving a review in the coming days.

Glad you got it working!

Heads up as well. Around the globe, a lot of gamers have consoles and PC's. However these past few years, Mobile Gaming is reigning in supreme with profit and expansion. Everyone has a phone in their pockets. Would be great to see more assets tuned and made for mobile platforms. I'm very big on assets, So of course after reading reviews and confusion as to which ultimate controller to pick. Which I've tried a couple, $180 is kinda steep, but overall very happy with my purchase. Will be leaving a review in the coming days.
Thanks for the future review! Definitely agree with you from the mobile standpoint. The actual character controller code will run without any issues on mobile, but because the demo scene is targeting Unity developers we assume that the user is running on a computer. This demo scene could definitely be more mobile friendly, but that's time spent on a demo scene that nobody will really use on a mobile device outside of a max of one or two playthroughs. We'd rather spend time on improving the non-demo scripts, such as the upcoming version 2.2 which will include a drive ability and magic :)