[UIS Integration for UCC3] No More AmmoItemCollection for CharacterInventoryBridge?

airoll

Hi I am in the middle of porting from UCC2 to UCC3, and working with UIS and the UCC/UIS integration. I'm currently looking at the CharacterInventoryBridge class, and it looks like some functionality was removed such as the removal of the ammo item collections. Was there a reason for this approach? Just curious, as I am sub-classing CharacterInventoryBridge and am wondering if I should be re-adding it in my child class or I should be following some new design pattern since items were re-designed in UCC3?

The ammo collection was removed because we restructured the bridge such that it is more tightly connected to the inventory. So now the weapons can check for the ammo directly in the UIS Inventory rather than have an intermediary step that differentiate UIS items from UCC items.

So normally you shouldn't need it anymore, except if you were doing something custom with your ammo that depended on it

Just to confirm that's using the InventoryItemAmmo module right? And is there a mechanism for implementing inventory limits? I know there are stack size limits previously but not sure what's the best way to incorporate that functionality into the new system.

Yes, that's done with module like the InventoryItemAmmo.
You can even make your own custom modules if you want to expand certain functionatlity of your weapon.

And is there a mechanism for implementing inventory limits?
Inventory limits is done using ItemRestrictions on the UIS side of things, so that shouldn't have changed anything with the new system