UCC with PuppetMaster - Odd collision detection

Krimsion

After following the tutorials to integrate Puppetmaster into UCC, I am having an issue knocking down the puppet character. I am using a character i created with UCC and a sword from the tutorial. I can't really connect or move the target upon impact. The target just snakes around the blade in a very weird jellyfish way.

Most importantly, the feet never leave the ground. They're stuck to it. Now, when I change the sword layer from Overlay to collision, I'm able to knock him around pretty heavily. But I also can't look down in first person mode without almost launching myself. I'm pretty sure there is a layer mask issue somewhere, but I can't figure it out.

I've gone through the tutorials and integrations five times, starting from scratch each time, and just can't figure it out. I'm using the Nolan model for my first person character and the nolan model as an enemy. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

This sounds like some sort of a layer issue. I'm not sure how much it'll help but this thread has been really good for piecing how the PuppetMaster integration works:

Yeah, there is definitely a layer issue. I added "Overlay" to the collision layer under collision and recovery, which has effectively "unstuck" the target.

Now the sword is sort of pushing the target as if they are weightless unless I hit very...hard? I'll keep playing with it and hopefully something will reveal itself.