UCC AI agent movement animation issue

dasjlm

I recently upgraded from TPC and Behaviour Designer to UCC and Behaviour Designer and seem to be running into an animation issue with the Pursue movement. The AI char is chasing the player okay but is not doing a clean walk/run animation. I noticed it's invoking combat movement and I suspect that's the problem. I want just to do a typical walk/run not a combat strafe movement as it looks weird. More like a shuffle than a walk.

The UCC char is using the ThirdPersonControllerDemo and it's movement type is set to Adventure.
Does the Pursue force a combat movement?
Is there a way to do an adventure movement instead?

Any suggestions?

Thanks for the upgrade!

Pursue sets the NavMeshAgent destination which will then use the NavMeshAgentMovement ability to move the character. Combat movement in the demo scene is set by the Int Data Setter. This is specific to the demo animator so I instead recommend creating a new animator:

Turns out the weird walk animation was due to the default capsule colliders on the characters legs. I solved it by reducing radius of the collider. Suspect there is a slight difference in the walk animation and the colliders just happen to hit each other on UCC when they didn't on TPC. Just posted in case some else runs into the issue.