Turn comments back on your youtube channel

NeOmega

It is highly inconvenient, to say the least to have no comments when watching a tutorial and work through videos.
The comments are most peoples go-to if they get stuck somewhere.
There can be timestamps etc and people dropping comments for areas that tripped them up.
It is also a great place for a heads up when things break in future releases of Unity or Behavior Designer.

Comments are disabled on YouTube videos because I would get support questions there and I don't monitor YouTube comments for support.

For example, in this video:

CanSeeObject has changed greatly in 5 years.
It now has 16 fields, as opposed to when this video was made, it only had 5.
Furthermore, there is no more field called "ObjectInSight"
as a matter of fact, there isn't even a field that takes a transform anymore.

So anybody that gets to that stage of the tutorial is going to go crazy.
And without comments to help these weary travelers, this part of the tutorial is worse than worthless to any noob trying it, it is actually counter-productive.

Luckily I have monkeyed around enough with Behavior Designer enough to know how to get past this point.

But in retrospect, I now understand why I was so confused as to why my variables were not working when I first started working with them.

Last edited:
For that video the Can See Object task is included in the resources Unity Package in the description of the video. This prevents you from needing the Movement Pack. You're not the only one who has had this confusion though. I'll turn comments back on for this video as a test and see what happens.

Edit: I was looking at the wrong video. That video does use the original Movement Pack tasks. There is now an updated one that includes the set of resources in a Unity Package:

Comments are enabled for this video.

Last edited: