Trouble patrolling with A* integration

Hello,

I've got a small floating platform with two waypoints, and I want my character to patrol back and forth between them. I've got the A* stuff set up the way his docs say to do it, and I have the UCC integration all set up. Everything appears to be set up correctly and there are no errors or warnings in the console at runtime, but the character won't move, aside from standing idle.

I've checked that all the speed settings are non-zero and that any "can move" type settings are turned on, but maybe I missed one somewhere? Here's a screenshot if it helps any:

ucc.png

The first ability in the behavior tree is just a simple Jump to make sure he's responsive, and that worked great. I'm wondering if it's something about the A* path that his controller doesn't like? Thanks for any tips!

Have you started out with a basic scene which just has the agent moving from one position to another? The ability priority doesn't matter for the A* task - it should be active all of the time.

Yep, tried the following:

1) new scene, created a flat 2D plane
2) set up the UCC managers and added the astarpath component to the Game object which contains all the managers
3) created a grid graph and configured the height testing to check for the 2D plane. Created the graph (shows up in blue)
4) added a character, built via UCC, configured layer manager to work with the 2D plane (ground layer). Also added the AIPath and Seeker components for A*
5) set up behavior tree to include a jump task and a patrol task, and configured two waypoints to patrol between. Made sure the arrive distance wasn't too high.

When I launch, the character jumps in the air, and I see the computed path to the first waypoint, but the character stands idle and I get no console errors.

Possibly a related note, I'm not entirely clear on whether the Behavior Designer speed settings or the UCC speed settings take precedence at runtime? They all seem to be values between 1-10, so it seems they should be moving a little at least, but I wasn't sure which asset actually dictates speed if they're both in use. Thanks again!

If you don't include the jump task does it work?

I'm not entirely clear on whether the Behavior Designer speed settings or the UCC speed settings take precedence at runtime?
The speed doesn't affect things when you are using root motion.

If I don't include the jump task, he just stands idle. I only included the jump task as kind of a debug step to make sure I hadn't screwed up my behavior tree somehow. It's weird because it illustrates the A* path between the character and the waypoint, so I know the character has a path to take. I just can't get him to actually move.

I tried building and configuring a new character on a new scene again, same result... I must be missing a step somewhere. Will keep looking.

Instead of a jump task try using wait. Beyond that the movement is done within the Astar AI Agent ability so you could place a breakpoint within the Update method to see if it is assigning the character an InputVector.