Trigger parallel branch separate from main logic loop

DespairBear

So I love the asset for the most part but the main thing I always find myself fighting against are the trigger branches. Typically I just want to use these to set a bool of some sort, and need it executing parallel to the main logic. I usually have a selector with a few sequence children that repeat, and I was wondering what would be the best way to run the trigger entering logic in parallel to this?

I've included a picture that shows what I'm trying to do. I essentially just want any trigger handling to be kept separate from the main AI logic, and to simply utilize the states set by the triggers within the main logic portion of the BT

BTSetup.PNG

I would use a combination of the lower priority conditional aborts along with the parallel task, something like:

1547670683269.png

In order to properly react the triggers must be reevaluated using conditional aborts so they stay active for more than one frame.

I tried the suggested implementation but the triggers still are not reiterating. If I include an idle statement in the trigger branches selector, my wander event never seems to run

AttemptToDetectTriggers.PNG

Your trigger isn't being reevaluated - it's import to have a similar setup as above where you have the Sequence parented to a selector parented to the parallel task. You'll need to repeat this for both Has Entered Trigger and Has Exited Trigger.

Your trigger isn't being reevaluated - it's import to have a similar setup as above where you have the Sequence parented to a selector parented to the parallel task. You'll need to repeat this for both Has Entered Trigger and Has Exited Trigger.

Ahhh okay I get it now. Thank you for the help, I was thinking of "idle" in the sense of a movement function, not as a wait until override. Thanks for the help, much appreciated