TPC : Static room VR camera with adjusted TPC movement

pjenness

Hi

Just purchased the Third Person system.

Im setting up a game where the character goes from room to room, with preset camera locations looking down at the character.
These locations use the Oculus OVR camera Rig.

So far its working fine, except by default the TPC controllers use forward direction of the camera instead forward direction of the character. (ie by default, up is always away from the camera...but I up to mean character walk forward).

Is this just a toggle or simple change...making the character forward directions not be based on the camera, but the local character?

Thanks!

-Paul

Do you have the VR Add-On as well? I haven't used the Oculus OVR camera rig so there will likely need to be some type of an integration if you aren't using the VR Add-On. The VR Add-On doesn't use the OVR controller either but it uses Unity's native implementation for determining head position.

Hiya..
The VR component is already fine, I want to control the player without the controller considering any camera position...just pressing up is forward relative to the character's facing direction . IE the players controllers forward direction

The actual VR camera view is from arbitrary positons in the room and doesnt relate to the character cotroller at all. just allows you a gods eye viwe into the room wher the player controller is

That sounds like it is the combat movement type. The combat movement type requires a look source though so for this setup you'll likely need to create a new movement type: