Throwing Accuracy

FMWFiremage

Hi,

I'm trying to come up with a good solution on changing the accuracy of a throw depending on a characters dexterity,
the higher the dexterity the more accurate the throw will be and the distance it could be thrown depending on strength.
I've got all my attributes set up on my character, I was just after a few pointers on how a can add random deviation to the trajectory and increase the distance. I'm wanting this to work for both player and AI models.

Thanks

I think I have come up with a viable solution for this, I've registered an event on the character to listen for OnItemStartUse and then get the ThrowableItem component from the used Item. I then do my Dexterity check and if failed add a Random Range to the X value of the Velocity setting to deviate the trajectory.
Does that sound like a good way to do this? :)

Another idea would be to use a weapon "Bloom" effect using a hidden surface as reference. Square or circle.

You would then in code randomly pick a point on the surface to aim to create the random offset. Higher dex would reduce the area you are finding random points on. You could also have it grow when moving to a max size and shrink when standing still.

Here is a project i found helpful. Although, I havent had time to work on it myself. Its certainly on my todo list! If you plan on using it, let me know if it works out for you.