Third Person Controller: Weapon Issue

Erskin71

1. Third Person Controller
2. Unity 2017.2.0f3
3. When creating a new TPC and and adding a new weapon. It does not show up the players hands. It works when using Nolan but not other models.
4. I created a clean scene and followed the video tutorials. I created the item type and item (assault rifle). Using Nolan the weapon showed up the the modles hands as expected. I create a clean scene and did the tutorials again. Using a different model the weapon does not show up in the players hands.
5. None

The player looks its holding something although the animation is way off verse how it looks when Nolan is holding the assault rifle. The Item is assigned under the model root (right hand). An items folder is also present in the hierarchy window.

Thanks.

If the weapon doesn't appear it generally means that the Default Loadout doesn't have the Item Type. It could also mean that there is no Visible Object referenced within the Third Person Perspective Item component.

I'm having the same problem when I create a weapon, checked visible object that's ok, it appears in the scene view, but after hitting play it disappears, the weapon is also in default loadout.

So I seemed to discover something, for some reason when I add an item it drastically changes the scale of the item (about 100 times smaller) so It looks like the item wasn't equipped but it is there but very tiny. Did anyone else have that issue?

Attachments

• pic 1.png
    pic 1.png
    765.4 KB · Views: 6
  • pic 2.png
    pic 2.png
    777.4 KB · Views: 6
  • pic 3.png
    pic 3.png
    824.5 KB · Views: 5
I had the same problem. It appears to be from characters with scaled skeletons. The solution was to make sure the character model had all possible items attached to the hand and rotated/scaled to position. In the image, the Items GameObject that is parented to the Hand_R GameObject is the one I needed to ensure was created. The Pistol object had to be scaled, rotated and positioned to look good on the model. To do this, enter play mode, equip, pause unity, do the transforms to make it look good, then copy the transform component. Exit play mode then paste as values on the transform component. Changing the Pistol in the other Items folder outside the character did not change anything.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-09-30 at 5.32.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-30 at 5.32.07 PM.png
    69.8 KB · Views: 5