Third Person Controller and CTS Complete

Arachai

I have had no issues in using Gaia for my terrain builder with character 2.1 but I have noticed that when I put CTS Shader onto the terrain all of a sudden Nolan only produces a footstep sound every other footstep! Looking at what CTS does it seems to take all the terrain textures and put into one material file which makes me think that's what is throwing Nolan off! So I was wondering if the controller works with CTS?

Okay, I have tested the newest version of Gaia and CTS Complete with both version 2.1 and 2.2 of the Third Person Character Controller and have come to the conclusion that something in the controller is the root of the problem. Version 2.1 works just fine; footsteps play everytime Nolan's foot hits the ground. Version 2.2 however does not work correctly in targeting the terrain and only triggers a footstep sound every other step. So for the time being I am going to stick with v2.1 of the controller until myself or someone else figures out the issue. If I figure it out I will post the solution here!

You could try adjusting the foot offset on the Character Foot Effects component.

I figured it out by trial and error, it is in the Gaia asset; when designing a world you have to delete or shut off the world designer. Once you shut that off Nolan goes right back to walking normal!