Test scene with UCC characters on a voxel-based terrain

Syscrusher

I have been doing some testing of UCC 2.0.5 on a Voxeland terrain, with the Crab Alien model from the Asset Store. With the standard Unity character controller, I'm unable to get the AI to move more than a few meters before it stalls, even on the flat parts, because of the peculiarities of the voxel collision mesh. With UCC, as you can see in the video I've linked below, it works really well and has great foot IK for both AI and human-controlled characters. The lead character here is AI, while the follower is a dual-mode (FP and TP) human-controlled character. Another interesting factor here is that this alien model (which, by the way, looks much better in a real scene with decent lighting) is somewhat larger than human-sized, so I have scaled the animation time using UCC's settings to make it look more ponderous.

The movement isn't perfect, and I've posted in a different thread another short clip showing a minor bug I have found. But compared to Unity's standard controller, UCC is leaps and bounds ahead. I am especially impressed with the ability to handle extreme slopes and step heights. I have a slope limit of 55 degrees and a step height limit of 0.6 meters on both of these characters, and it works wonderfully.