Strange FinalIk limbik jitter when character NOT selected.

JohnG

Hi,

Issue with integration result from opsive ucc and final ik.

The issue is when I add the limbik.

When I setup limbik (left shoulder, left arm, left hand), and have the character root selected in the hierarchy everything is fine, however when I click off the character root in the hierarchy, there is a huge jitter on the limbs used in limbik (especially left hand).

Any ideas on how to solve this (posted this on finalik unity thread as well)?

I am not familiar with the LimbIK component. My guess though is that it needs to be updated at the same time as the other components within the FinalIKBridge. What advantage does the LimbIK component have compared to FullBodyIK? I thought that FullBodyIK can do handle all of the limbs?

I am not familiar with the LimbIK component. My guess though is that it needs to be updated at the same time as the other components within the FinalIKBridge. What advantage does the LimbIK component have compared to FullBodyIK? I thought that FullBodyIK can do handle all of the limbs?
Thanks Justin. I am not familiar with the finalik product, just following tutorials. I will check out the fullbodyik and will report back here incase someone if having the same issue.

Thanks Justin. I am not familiar with the finalik product, just following tutorials. I will check out the fullbodyik and will report back here incase someone if having the same issue.

Actually I know why I used limbik, it had todo with hand positioning on the weapons (If you use your own models the hands are not lined up correctly). This is the case if you are using your animations. I recently purchased Kubold animations so will swap some out to see if this solves the positioning issue.

The positioning information I was using was from this thread...

I have moved away from limbik and am following the advice from you at this thread:

It seems to work well now, im just busy with the reload state part of the solution.