Store picture is... bad

DavidC

Here's a direct link to the picture I'm referring to. https://assetstorev1-prd-cdn.unity3d.com/key-image/bb3866c0-892d-4199-b786-d2836a913e5e.webp

So I bought this, but I have to admit, I would have been turned off from it if I was considering opsive as a new customer. The first picture is bad. The main problem is it looks like a glitch, but here's all the things I noticed.

1. There's not really anything that gives you any frame of reference for this being up/down, and a lot of assets use the standard asset grid for the floor. So it kind of looks like Nolan is crawling on the floor.
2. Even if they aren't crawling, the angle makes it feel like they lost their grip on the wall and are now falling backwards.
3. The lighting is very flat. There's hardly any shadows, especially under Nolan, especially near the foot that connects to the wall. This makes it look even more unfinished because of the other two problems. In other words, shadows aren't necessary, but make this picture even more confusing.

Every other picture looks fantastic. I would put "Free Climb" as the first picture, because that's the most compelling part, imo. Or just one single free climbing picture. It was "hype" for Conan Exiles. I wouldn't do Ladders because they are so common, it's kind of expected. I wouldn't do the box climb, because it isn't as fun as free climb.

Just my 2cents, don't want you to lose out on any sales over something silly like a picture. :)

Edit: wanted to say, I looked at what other "options and features" I could get with a character controller as part of my purchasing process.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback! Honestly we were struggling with having a unique main image so tried something different. I'm glad that you said something, we'll replace it today.