Speed change not working with Astar

Cheo

Hello, this is a weird issue because it just occured today when I had no issue with that before : I can't manage to have the Speed Change ability have an effect on a UCC character moving to a point using the Astar integration. The only way to affect the speed is to limit the Max Speed in Rich AI which may lower the input vector value below 1, but otherwise this value seems to stay at 1, even if Max Speed and Acceleration are raised. The Speed animator parameter value does seem to be changed to whatever is indicated but that doesn't seem to have any effect either. This is really weird, can someone just try to have a ucc character move to a point with Astar and manually call a Speed Change ability ? Thanks in advance.

I just tried it and it worked. If you are using root motion make sure your animations have a larger speed based on the input parameters.

If all else fails you could compare your changes to the last revision that worked and see what changed.

Solved it : the Speed Change ability ability needs to be placed below AStar AI Agent Movement to be used. You should change that in the Astar intgration demo scene and update both abilities' documentation pages which currently state that their position in the ability list doesn't matter.