Speed Change Multiplier Issue

Im getting this error, I figure I fat fingered something somewhere but I havent been able to locate it yet. Any help in direction would be great, thanks

Trying to update the managed reference registry with invalid propertyPath(likely caused by a missing reference instance)'managedReferences[5597227164463267869].m_SpeedChangeMultiplier', with value '2'

So I have managed to create a similar error (I have done it a couple of times now and am now being more cautious).
In my case, I believe it was caused by deleting an ability that was already in listed in the CharacterLocomotion component. Even if the empty ability was deleted the reference error remained. If I created a new scene and set it up with a basic opsive character all was fine and the error stayed with the broken scene (If I recall correctly deleting the character and adding a new one did not fix it, so I am assuming there is a scene specific component that is broken?). I have spoken with Fearinhell in discord and their issue is affecting all scenes of a large project.

The error was similar - from memory: "Trying to update the managed reference registry with invalid propertyPath(likely caused by a missing reference instance)"

Yes I was attempting to change the speed multiplier from 2 to 1.5 and during that time I started getting this error. When I set the setting back to 2 the error is still there. I was thinking, originally that I must have mis clicked something else during this process but havent been able to locate it. After searching online for a bit all I found with similar problems was this link. Unless Justin knows something else, I think Im going to wait til version 3.06 gets released and I will just purge opsive from my game and install fresh 3.06 and just rebuild all my characters again. In hopes this fixes my collider issue and this error that just showed up last night.

I didnt see this until now but my level 3 has quite a few of these errors.

Attachments

• StateSystemIssue.jpg
    StateSystemIssue.jpg
    269.4 KB · Views: 3
Strange, I haven't seen that error before. Because there is no call stack it is an error caused by Unity. You could try updating to the latest LTS if you aren't already running it, or report the bug if you are able to reproduce it in a smaller project.

Ill wait til the new 3.06 update then Ill purge opsive and Im just one update behind on unity, so Ill run that then reimport the new version of Opsive in hopes that this fixes it. I made alot of state saves last night and everything is in a good spot to do this at that time. Then Ill report back. *Everything I was seeing of that error was removing the said asset and reimporting and starting over on it. So fingers crossed. Thanks!

I had more of these errors occur and that is what has allowed me to better pin point this issue. I have two character prefabs I have made and for whatever reason, adding or changing the order of the state list inside of opsive, either camera or the locomotion states lead to unity breaking down. If anyone has this problem, just make the prefab one time and dont modify any states in opsive inside the prefab. To correct these errors I had to remove all the opsive scripts and then I just readded the opsive scripts and readded the states, and the errors have stopped.