Speed Change Allow Equipped Items broken by Aim/Use

hazuki

Been trying to get around this issue for a while but have had to come back and ask for help. I need to have the character unequip while sprinting. I have the character set up as follows:

Allow Equipped Items Slot 0 and Slot 1 both OFF
Immediate Unequip ON
Reequip slots ON
Speed Change is at the top of the abilities list
Item abilities list is in this order: 1: Use, 2: Equip/Unequip, 3: Reload, 4: Aim
This setup works fine some of the time but if the Speed Change ability is activated immediately after firing a weapon the item then does not unequip andall future speed change activation/deactivations do not trigger unequip/equip.

The only solution I have found so far is to change the Stop Use Ability Delay on the firable weapon to 0 however this is undesired and actually, after more testing this is also less than 100% reliable but it does seem to indicate that the unequip is being blocked by the end of the Use Item Ability. Also, I have the Item Equip Verifier in the abilities list too.

If anything is unclear I can provide a video.

Thank you.

Last edited:
This setup works fine some of the time but if the Speed Change ability is activated immediately after firing a weapon the item then does not unequip andall future speed change activation/deactivations do not trigger unequip/equip.
This is because the Use ability is preventing the item from being unequipped. I'll need to think through the best way to handle this situation.