Spawning my sword in the hand of my inventory character

Hi,

I am trying to equip my character in the inventory (not in the scene I mean) like what is done with UIS but with the integration of UCC. I have followed the video Equipping Clothes and Weapons but I am not sure if this is the same setup. Should I use Equipper (like CharacterEquiper of the demo of UIS) , create EquipmentPrefab and UsableItemPrefab with the required update in db? I am quite lost because without this my sword is equipped and i can see it in the inventory but to have it in the hand of the character embedded in inventory I don't know if this is the same setup than explained in the video. I am quite stucked about the fact that according to the video we need only a mesh collider for the sword for example, and currently my sword is spawned through the Item Definition Attribute called "Prefab". Sorry if it is not clear enough ?

I have removed Equipper (CharacterEquipper) from Player character and I have kept my original setup that means I do not define EquipmentPrefab in database finally. I have just set the Visual Character Equipper with "Prefab" instead of EquipmentPrefab and the sword is spawned also in inventory. It works not so bad but the sword doesn't come with the right position and don't know how to reposition the sword (Third Person Perspective Item seems not working in this case).

By digging a little bit more , I realized that it might be not required at all to use Visual Character Equipper (as it is a demo script...). Then I removed it and I also removed UsableItemPrefab in db.

Instead, I wonder if it should not be simpler to spawn the sword directly in the hand of my 2 characters (the one on the scene and the one in the inventory). But for the moment, I don't know how to do that...:unsure:

I would download the UIS integration for UCC. Its fleshed out nicely with all the normal weapon in scene as pickups and already setup to use them. You can learn how everything works from there.

This link should take you there, it took me a bit to learn about too. You will need to enter your invoice number to download the integrations. Once you do you can load the demo scene in the integration folder.

@cyril.triou This is something that was requested a few times now. Currently there is no easy way to do it. I was able to set up the UI Character in a few minutes but there are currently no scripts to animate the UCC character correctly when it equips items in the menu.

I'll try to implement that script during the week and I'll add it in the next update.

I also added a section in the documentation to explain the steps to make your character show up in the UI as it is not trivial. I'll make that section public as soon as I am done implementing the Integration UI Character.

@cyril.triou This is something that was requested a few times now. Currently there is no easy way to do it. I was able to set up the UI Character in a few minutes but there are currently no scripts to animate the UCC character correctly when it equips items in the menu.

I'll try to implement that script during the week and I'll add it in the next update.

I also added a section in the documentation to explain the steps to make your character show up in the UI as it is not trivial. I'll make that section public as soon as I am done implementing the Integration UI Character.

Hi, thanks for your quick answer. I appreciate that you prepare a script for animation.

Well I don't want animate the character right now. I can keep it like that for the moment.

I would appreciate if you point me the scripts that spawn the sword in the hand in the normal way (items in rig). I think that I may try to spawn in 2 points of 2 different rigs. Do the same mechanic that what is done with "main" character (scene character I would say)... but twice...

If you are using a third person view character, @Ando5000 pointed it out a simple solution in another post, which could be a work around until we implement the real thing, The result is something like this:

UCC_UI_Character_04_08_2020.gif

You can check the instructions here: https://www.opsive.com/forum/index....rotating-equip-unequip-model.3621/#post-17803

You won't be able to spawn the item is two different rigs at the same time. At least not with the UCC scripts.

The way I do it in the UIS demo is that I listen to the items coming in and out of the Equipped ItemCollection of the player character script using the Equipper component. That automatically spawns the item prefab under a parent transform specified in the Item Object Slot list. To make the list appear you must specify an Item Slot Set
1596530605059.png

The issue with the integration is that doing so will give you errors right now as the spawned weapons require some scripts on the character. But the UI character should not have Character scripts so You'll end up with something like this:

1596530421311.png

And this is the reason we need to create a custom integration script for it, it'll be a lot easier for you to customize it the way you want once we got this sorted.

I hope that helps :)

If you are using a third person view character, @Ando5000 pointed it out a simple solution in another post, which could be a work around until we implement the real thing, The result is something like this:

UCC_UI_Character_04_08_2020.gif

You can check the instructions here: https://www.opsive.com/forum/index....rotating-equip-unequip-model.3621/#post-17803

You won't be able to spawn the item is two different rigs at the same time. At least not with the UCC scripts.

The way I do it in the UIS demo is that I listen to the items coming in and out of the Equipped ItemCollection of the player character script using the Equipper component. That automatically spawns the item prefab under a parent transform specified in the Item Object Slot list. To make the list appear you must specify an Item Slot Set
View attachment 3587

The issue with the integration is that doing so will give you errors right now as the spawned weapons require some scripts on the character. But the UI character should not have Character scripts so You'll end up with something like this:

View attachment 3586

And this is the reason we need to create a custom integration script for it, it'll be a lot easier for you to customize it the way you want once we got this sorted.

I hope that helps :)

Ok it is exactly what I want to accomplish ? as I answered in the other post.
And I got exactly what you show in the screenshots ?

Then I will try the workaround because I cannot wait .... I am in battle with UIS + UCC