SoulLink AI

magique

I am currently developing an advanced AI system called SoulLink, which will integrate out of the box with Opsive controllers. Development is in early alpha state and testing is set to begin by the end of the year at the latest. To follow along with development, please join my discord channel:

SoulLink-Logo.png

Last edited:
Current Integrations for SoulLink AI are as follows:

Opsive
GKC
Time of Day
Azure Sky
Unistorm
Dialogue System
Playmaker
Core GameKit

Other integrations planned are as follows:

RFPS
Invector
Ootii
Weather Maker
Enviro
VRTK
(more to come)

Last edited:
This was formerly known as LifeLink AI, but I discovered a major medical company called Lifelink AI Systems and I want to avoid brand confusion.

Here is the first tutorial video for SoulLink AI, which shows basic AI setup as it currently works in alpha development code:

Second tutorial video for SoulLink AI showing Interact Sensor and Animation Sequence.

Update. I am putting the finishes touches on a SoulLink module for procedural AI spawning, which will be released as a separate asset on the store, but also included in SoulLink AI. I will be doing some limited closed alpha/beta testing starting this week. I have a small tester group already, but will probably solicit some more people soon. If interested, please hop on the Discord channel and stay tuned for more information.

Beta testing for SoulLink Spawner will begin tomorrow. There is still room for people to volunteer for beta testing. Visit the Discord channel to sign up.

Alpha Testing for the SoulLink AI system started on Friday. License holders of SoulLink Spawner can join the alpha test right now. Direct message me on Discord with invoice number to get into the testing group. The alpha test has Opsive controller integration.

Alpha Testing for the SoulLink AI system started on Friday. License holders of SoulLink Spawner can join the alpha test right now. Direct message me on Discord with invoice number to get into the testing group. The alpha test has Opsive controller integration.
Your Spawner is a much better replacement for Crux. Does it have an "align to ground" feature for those 4 or more legged AIs? Or else they will look bad, even Crux has it.
As for your AI system, in time I'm sure it will be better than the existing ones. May take some iterations.

Your Spawner is a much better replacement for Crux. Does it have an "align to ground" feature for those 4 or more legged AIs? Or else they will look bad, even Crux has it.
As for your AI system, in time I'm sure it will be better than the existing ones. May take some iterations.
I believe the align to ground is an Emerald Ai feature, not a Crux feature, but correct me if I'm wrong. Currently, the spawner does not align anything to ground as that is usually handled by the AI system. If you meant to ask if my AI system will have align to ground then the answer is yes. It currently does not have that feature in alpha testing, but it does support FinalIK for that purpose. Later, it will have its own foot IK system.

I believe the align to ground is an Emerald Ai feature, not a Crux feature, but correct me if I'm wrong. Currently, the spawner does not align anything to ground as that is usually handled by the AI system. If you meant to ask if my AI system will have align to ground then the answer is yes. It currently does not have that feature in alpha testing, but it does support FinalIK for that purpose. Later, it will have its own foot IK system.
You are right the "align" feature is on EAI not Crux, its just align the whole thing but good enough for open wilderness mobs, cost less. I'm currently having problem getting Final IK's groundIK to work on an Opsive 4 legged AI. TPC locomotion seem to overwrite it, even if it's foot IK doesn't support 4 leg generic creature.

Back to your Spawn System, it looks good enough for my none-Unityterrain project, would be nice to see it more Mesh terrain friendly, such as spawn based on pieces with layer/tag, in addition to your spawn areas features.

You are right the "align" feature is on EAI not Crux, its just align the whole thing but good enough for open wilderness mobs, cost less. I'm currently having problem getting Final IK's groundIK to work on an Opsive 4 legged AI. TPC locomotion seem to overwrite it, even if it's foot IK doesn't support 4 leg generic creature.

Back to your Spawn System, it looks good enough for my none-Unityterrain project, would be nice to see it more Mesh terrain friendly, such as spawn based on pieces with layer/tag, in addition to your spawn areas features.
It works with Polaris Mesh terrain with splats and I'm going to be adding Mesh Terrain Editor support in the future. In addition, you can specify layers to ignore and that would help you to allow spawning on certain meshes, but not others.

[EDIT]
However, I think what you're asking for is some sort of filter to specifically say you want a spawn to appear on a certain layer or tag. If that's the case then that is not possible at this time, but I can put that on my investigate list to see if it can be added.

Last edited:
It works with Polaris Mesh terrain with splats and I'm going to be adding Mesh Terrain Editor support in the future. In addition, you can specify layers to ignore and that would help you to allow spawning on certain meshes, but not others.

[EDIT]
However, I think what you're asking for is some sort of filter to specifically say you want a spawn to appear on a certain layer or tag. If that's the case then that is not possible at this time, but I can put that on my investigate list to see if it can be added.
Yes. Crux has an option to select layer. For polymesh environment projects, this is super vital as its a way to exclude areas you don't want spawns. I think if you can also have such layer option would make users very happy. Tag is less essential for this unless the project has no more layer to spare.

Yes. Crux has an option to select layer. For polymesh environment projects, this is super vital as its a way to exclude areas you don't want spawns. I think if you can also have such layer option would make users very happy. Tag is less essential for this unless the project has no more layer to spare.
You can add any mesh layers to Nav Mesh Options Ignore Layers so they won't spawn there.