Sniper scope zoom

I read the document but it does not explain why the sniper and assault rifle scope camera became black when I look far away on game mode. (the camera preview works good on scene)Untitled.jpg

Did you disable the scope when you're not aiming? This is set on the shootable weapon component.

Beyond that if you can tell me how to reproduce it within the demo scene I can take a look.

no because the scope is working when I look at a closer item. I have the same problem with the original demo scene

the more I look far away the more it became darker if I look very far away it become black..

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 8
Are you able to reproduce it within the demo scene? Also, what happens if you move the texture closer to the camera? I'm thinking that maybe something is covering the texture.

It happens in the demo scene too. I moved the texture closer to the camera but nothing new happened. There is nothing covering the texture.
It happens only when I point with the rifle (or the sniper rifle) far away.

I'm not able to reproduce this within the demo scene. When I look far away it correctly renders the skybox.

1582638166982.png

This may be a bug in how Unity is rendering the render texture. You should be able to simplify the scene so it's just the camera and render texture without the character controller at all. From there you can submit the bug report to Unity.

Hello, so sorry for arriving late but I am having the same issue. Here what I can report.
It happen with URP if I bake Lights.
If I delete the baked Lighting everything work in the scope camera.
I dont know if is something about the Ultimate Character Controller/Demo/Overlay UniversalRP shader or Unity itself.
I just deleted the baked lights and made my lights Mixed and rebake lights. It solved the problem but it is not the best option as I need the Lights to be baked for Mobile perform.
Something else.. It is not about the camera looking far or close but I guess is the camera looking forward or up. If the camera is looking down the render texture is not black, if the camera is looking forward the resort if dark.

Last edited:
This sounds like it's a URP issue. I would report the bug to Unity so they are aware of it. The character controller does not do any rendering.