Sliding Ability (Quadruped Model)

Luke

Hi Everyone,

I am having a bit of an issue with the sliding ability on a quadruped model that I have set up with the Opsive TPC.

I have to set the min' angle to 0000.5 to get the ability to show as active.

However, when active with the above setting, my model will slide on angles of around 20 degrees, but it is still rather inconsistent.

If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated :)

Are you able to reproduce this within the demo scene? I added the slide ability to blitz and placed blitz above a cube with a 41 degree rotation. The slide ability activated and blitz slid down.

So the Demo scene works as expected, I'm assuming the problem is with how I have set up my colliders on the model I'm using.

Are you able to change Blitz so it demonstrates the problem and I can reproduce it?

Hi Justin,
I hope you are well during this time!

I've been looking more into this and Blitz doesn't have the align to ground ability active, if I turn off align to ground then the slide will work. But the player doesn't look right when I do that.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks again :)Alignment.PNG

Ahh.. that would cause it. Hmm, I'm trying to figure out the best way to handle this. The reason slide doesn't start is because the up direction of the character changes when align to ground is active. As a result of this the character is technically never sliding. I suppose that I could add an option to manually specify the up direction.

I'll keep playing with it but if you do find a way around please let me know :)

Thanks for your time!

Using Final IK I have been able to de-activate the 'Align To Ground' ability and can now slide. Just need to get the IK looking good now.

Thank you for your time Justin.

Glad you were able to find a fix. If you ever need to come back to Align to Ground in 2.2.1 I've added the option to change the up vector.