ShortClimb Starts Incorrectly

GearedGeek

Why is that Short Climb can climb into a wall? And why is there no Object Detection and Detect Layer for the Short Climb?

The object is marked as a climbable object and there is no collision detection since I didn't think of that use case. Thanks, it'll be fixed in the next update.

1626565210151.png

That wall in the video didn't have a Object Identifier component attached to it and the Layer was set to Default. But the character still tried to Short Climb it. That's why I was wondering where the Object Detection and Detect Layer was for the Short Climb.

If I may ask, why isn't there a link posted on the main Support page like the other addons?

Now that I can read over the documentation I will start over with the Climb pack addon to see if I can get it working correctly.

Last edited:
The character will use Short Climb over Vault when trying to vault over the prop. The character will correctly climb up the ShortClimbCombo. The character will also Short Climb the "Cube" aka wall in the scene even though it doesn't have a Object Identifier on it. I have tried changing the Layer to something else but the character still tries to Short Climb. You can refer to my video that I posted earlier.

1626570246396.png
1626570270288.png
1626570293875.png

After playing around I noticed that the Vault does perform but you have to move the character directly in front of the vault prop in order for it to work. If the character is at a angle of the vault prop then the character will preform the Short Climb.

I sent you a new ShortClimb script via PM. I also noticed that the inspector needed to be updated so you can specify the detected objects. I'll send that you now. Both of these fixes will be in the update that I will release this week.

EDIT: This video was done before I changed the Detect Layers and the Object ID on the Short Climb agility.

I have applied the update and the character won't climb the wall but I have ran into 2 issues; one with Short Climb and one with ladder. I have posted a video.

For some reason my character can Short Climb anywhere in middle air. Then with the ladder climb I believe I press F multiple times to achieve the ladder climb without a ladder.

Last edited:
With the Short Climb being able to be perform at anytime must be something with the character itself because I added Nolan from the Climb demo scene and he seemed to work fine. Is there something I missed? Now keep in mind that I'm using Agility and Climb packs together. I assume that both should work just fine together.

Also If I have the Roll ability enabled then the Short Climb won't perform but the UI text will stay the entire time unless I look up with the camera.

1626650103781.png

With the update to the Short Climb with additional adding the Detect Layers and the Object ID it is fully working as far as I can tell now. Now with the ladder climb I have noticed that there is some type of bug with the animator or something because the character is getting stuck when mounting/unmounting the ladder. Throughout the video where I was trying to mount/unmount the ladder I was pressing F and Jump to try to get it unstuck. Here's a video of it.