Scope Camera

Mattis

Hi!

I dont understand the Scope camera you guys have on the Assault Rifle.. It dosent do anything... Even that its active, only the maincamera moves like normal.. I thought there would be an ADS thing going on here, wich would be great with my sniper in my third person game... Insted of fullscreen sniper UI... Thoughts?

The Scope camera simply allows the scope to have a zoomed-in effect (when in first-person view). You can see it has a very low FOV of 12 in the demo scene. Disabling/removing it won't change how the gun works, it's just used to show the player a zoomed-in perspective through the scope itself.

In terms of a first-person scope in a third-person game, have you tried the suggestions from the other thread, i.e. switching to a first-person perspective when the Aim ability is used?

Yes.
Well no not yet. Can I use the first person camera state wich already is available? .. I tried changing the look offset and set scope as anchor on the camera etc didn't work. When I changed the look offset the camera did not follow the Scope and it was alot of clipping.. but so cool if it would work..

If I use the first person perspective is that locked to the scope or how can I achieve that?

Yeah if you just use a first person viewtype whilst aiming, then the camera will be locked on to the center of the scope. For example in the demo scene, play in first person mode and zoom through the Assault Rifle.

Amazing! that seems simple enoough to fix.. have other issues more problematic o_O

This gave me a good idea how to do this. When I have the ADS I will post it here for others.

Hi again! So I tried using the first person perspective when aiming (or I didn't know how to change view type so I used Vkey) but the camera wasn't locked on scope. I tried position it, but didn't work )

Mattis

What do you mean by it's not locked on? Is the visible item moving around with a position/rotation spring? In the demo, the assault rifle has a state preset that reduces its position and rotation spring/bob values during the Aim state, so that when aiming down the sight it stays almost completely in the center of the screen.