Same items but different local spawn rotations in 3rd person perspective item

snicker

Hi, I have different character models using the same 3rd person shootable runtime pickup weapons. Is there a way to set up 3rd person items to have different local spawn positions for different characters? The local spawn position/rotation that works for my player character does not work for my enemy characters, its not even close, which I think is odd but I don't know the cause of that, they're both humanoids.

I thought I'd be able to use state presets set to each character but there is no modifiable fields on the preset scriptable object for Third Person Perspective Item component, or set the position/rotation of the 3rd.

Perhaps it would be better to not use runtime pickup for enemy weapons so I can position the weapon in the prefab? The enemy currently has the weapon in his Loadout item collection and equips it on start, attacks with it just fine, its just positioned all wrong in his hands.

I adjusted the transform of the item slot gameobject on the NPC and its in the correct position so its good enough for now but I feel like there's probably a better way to do this

The models' rigs probably differ, which would be the causal factor here. So yes, you'll need to adjust the position for each unique model accordingly.

You may want to look into Prefab Variants as a safer way of having multiple different characters with a mixture of common components/values and some differing ones.

How does this work online ? Is it best to use same rig? I thought when you make runtime weapons pickups for one character, online this will be tricky?

I mean network play. I have set up runtime weapons, they work now and are positioned for the character I have, player 1. Since this is going to be a networked game and player 2 also want to pickup weapons so how should I do this?
-Using the same rig and animations for player 2 so the weapon get positioned correctly?
-Or setup player 2 weapon prefab variants that gets spawned to player when doing a weapon pick up?(let's say it would be possible to have a script checking if player 1 or 2 picking up the weapon and then the right one will be spawned in items on according player?

How is it really done?

And later I will also have 32 players on one game instance, for that I ment to use UMA2 Since all using the same rig and animations but still customizable, runtime pickups hows that done then? I think about the weapon position and rotation.

If all the character's rigs and animations are identical, then you should be able to just use a single runtime item for all characters. But if they're different, then I'd advise using prefab variants (linked in one of my posts above), to create a variant of each item to adjust its positioning for each unique character.

Thanks , yes I had a look , prefab variants are some what familiar to me. Is there already a component for that so ucc can identify wich player picked up what so the right prefab goes to the item slot?

Unfortunately not, but it should be simple enough to subclass ItemPickup to make it add a different item to the character's inventory based on its tag or some other identifying feature about it.

Yeah sure , would work. Thanks, I won't take up your time anymore with my thoughts. Time to finish my 11 weapons and animate. Thanks for your help, have a nice day.