Roll Camera

AntL

Hi folks, ignoring the capacity for making people throw up, is there a way for the roll ability camera to rotate with the character's head (ATM is tracks the characters head height but remains orientated forward). There's a rotate with head option on the camera (under heading 'tracking') but this doesn't work as anticipated.

Also, this is a general question for any additional animations - the camera maintaining the rotation/position of the head.

Thanks,
Ant

Last edited:
There's a rotate with head option on the camera (under heading 'tracking') but this doesn't work as anticipated.
What doesn't work as anticipated? When I enable it and roll the camera will rotate with the character's head rotation:

Ah....you're right...I've just retested that and it works perfectly. Must have messed something up somewhere. Thanks!

Hmm...so this problem has arisen again. In the agility demo scene, it works perfectly. But in my own scene (I've not touched the cameras, aside from the rotate with head checkbox which is ticked). The roll ability/animation is definately being triggered and I've disabled all abilities aside from those in the original agility demo scene. What else could prevent the camera from not rolling with the head? Thanks!

Unless you don't have an anchor setup I can't think of anything that would prevent it. If you set a breakpoint within the FirstPerson.Rotate method you should be able to take a closer look and see what is preventing the rotation when m_RotateWithHead is checked.

So I didn't have an anchor set up - but in the agility demo scene neither does Nolan and that works (even after adding an anchor - the head transform) it doesn't work.

The other weird thing is that it is actually entering the code around the if (m_RotateWithHead) { test!

If it enters m_RotateWithHead then it'll rotate with the anchor point. You may need to debug some more to see why that rotation isn't being returned correctly.