Resume Behavior Tree action not doing anything.

DeanMarquette

Hi, I think there is a bug with the Playmaker action Resume Behavior Tree. I could not get it to work and It doesn't even ask for the group or anything so I don't know how it is identifying which behavior I would want to resume.

Anyway, Start Behavior Tree action works well for me but the Start Behavior Tree action says Store Success is required but why? I just want to start a Behavior Tree, I have no reason to store it. I'm using this method kind of like how you would use the Resume Behavior Tree action since it doesn't work and now just wondering why a variable is required?

Hi, I think there is a bug with the Playmaker action Resume Behavior Tree. I could not get it to work and It doesn't even ask for the group or anything so I don't know how it is identifying which behavior I would want to resume.
It is using the same behavior tree as the one that started the FSM. Take a look at the sample project for an example of its use. There are not any parameters required for identifying the behavior tree. The FSM should to be started by Behavior Designer though.

If you are wanting to resume a behavior tree outside of it being started by the behavior tree you should use the Star Behavior Tree task.

Anyway, Start Behavior Tree action works well for me but the Start Behavior Tree action says Store Success is required but why? I just want to start a Behavior Tree, I have no reason to store it. I'm using this method kind of like how you would use the Resume Behavior Tree action since it doesn't work and now just wondering why a variable is required?
That indicates if the behavior tree started successfully. You can remove this requirement by deleting "[RequiredField]" on the StartBehaviorTree action for that variable. I will do the same.

It is using the same behavior tree as the one that started the FSM. Take a look at the sample project for an example of its use. There are not any parameters required for identifying the behavior tree. The FSM should to be started by Behavior Designer though.

If you are wanting to resume a behavior tree outside of it being started by the behavior tree you should use the Star Behavior Tree task.

That indicates if the behavior tree started successfully. You can remove this requirement by deleting "[RequiredField]" on the StartBehaviorTree action for that variable. I will do the same.

Oh, so I have to start the behavior with the FSM and then I can use resume from somewhere within that same FSM. I see, okay thanks!