RC3: UCC integration error?

zombieNinjas

After installing RC3,the current version of UCC available in the Asset Store and the integration between the two, I created a new UCC character and used the integrations manager to bring it all together. As soon as I hit play I get the following errors and the Ultimate Character Locomotion script gets disabled:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.Abilities.Items.ItemSetAbilityBase.Awake () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/Abilities/Items/ItemSetAbilityBase.cs:37)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.Abilities.Items.EquipUnequip.Awake () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/Abilities/Items/EquipUnequip.cs:95)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.UltimateCharacterLocomotion.Awake () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/UltimateCharacterLocomotion.cs:318)

IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Game.KinematicObjectManager.SetCharacterMovementInputInternal (System.Int32 characterIndex, System.Single horizontalMovement, System.Single forwardMovement) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Game/KinematicObjectManager.cs:618)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Game.KinematicObjectManager.SetCharacterMovementInput (System.Int32 characterIndex, System.Single horizontalMovement, System.Single forwardMovement) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Game/KinematicObjectManager.cs:607)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.UltimateCharacterLocomotionHandler.Update () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/UltimateCharacterLocomotionHandler.cs:71)

Justin

Administrator
Staff member
I created a new project with UCC and the latest UIS release/integration. When I hit play I didn't get any errors. Are you using UCC or a different controller variant?

zombieNinjas

Looks like it is related to the Equip item abilities added with the "standard abilities" during character creation. The ItemSetManager is removed with the integration process, but the abilities that reference it are not.

EDIT: once I removed those abilities , everything started working.

Justin

Administrator
Staff member
You should not remove the abilities. Do you have the InventoryItemSetManager expanded? This will update the EquipUnequip ability ItemSet if it is invalid.

zombieNinjas

The InventoryItemSetManager was not added to the character. After adding it manually, I was able to get a new character (containing the equip item abilities) working with no fuss.