Questions and new feature ideas.....

Ando5000

Curious whats next for the controller, is there a roadmap some where to look at? Mainly concerned with a few more of the abilities we had from 1.0, like ladder climb.

I thought about a new ability too, along with ladder climb, that would complete the agility pack nicely. A smooth Swing ability that extends Hang. You should be able to rock back and forth , if no object is in front or behind, and jump from position to look for more Hang opportunities. Most of this is already done, since Hang completes a majority of the function requirements.

Lastly, comment about Balance ability. There is no actual balance mechanic here and if i try to exit balance early im ejected in the direction i pressed instead of a subtle fall to Hang. Falling from Balance state to a Hang state would be fantastic and would be a much smoother transition. Player controlled balance, with a variable controlling how quickly the weight shifts for difficulty scaling would top the cake.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
The next add-on will likely be a climbing add-on, but it'll take some time to get this one out as my current focus is on version 2 of Behavior Designer and improvements to the base controller.

Lastly, comment about Balance ability. There is no actual balance mechanic here and if i try to exit balance early im ejected in the direction i pressed instead of a subtle fall to Hang. Falling from Balance state to a Hang state would be fantastic and would be a much smoother transition. Player controlled balance, with a variable controlling how quickly the weight shifts for difficulty scaling would top the cake.
Are you running the most recent version of the add-on? Balance was improved in one of the later versions so it doesn't add a force when you fall. The scene isn't setup to be able to go into a hang ability but the code should work with that setup.

The next add-on will likely be a climbing add-on, but it'll take some time to get this one out as my current focus is on version 2 of Behavior Designer and improvements to the base controller.

Are you running the most recent version of the add-on? Balance was improved in one of the later versions so it doesn't add a force when you fall. The scene isn't setup to be able to go into a hang ability but the code should work with that setup.

Do you have a rough ETA for ladders? Like 3 months? 6 months? A year? Just having a general estimate would be helpful to me. Also, will ladders work with AI from behavior designer?

No, no ETA yet. I am currently focused on version 2 of Behavior Designer so it'll be awhile for the climbing add-on.

No, no ETA yet. I am currently focused on version 2 of Behavior Designer so it'll be awhile for the climbing add-on.

Okay. What about the second part of that question? Eventually I would like to have a BD ai that could follow/chase the player up and down ladders.

Since I haven't created the ladder ability yet I'm not sure but I don't think that it will be an issue - all of the abilities that we create can be used by the AI agent.