Question on NGUI Integration with UCC Inventory

artius

I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but I'm trying to use NGUI to visualize the UCC inventory. Does anyone know of a tutorial or integration that I can look at?

Moving to integrations so it'll stay visible longer. I haven't heard of anybody using NGUI with the controller but it definitely would be possible. Take a look at the various UI monitors for how it works with uGUI.

Is there a monitor for the entire inventory? I'm only seeing ones for a given slot or item type. If not, is there a guide on creating new Monitors?

The inventory system within UCC is extremely simple and isn't the focus so the UI is just the item/slot monitors. You'll likely need to start from scratch for designing a new fully-fledged inventory UI. As a start you can use the InventoryBase API and then create your own NGUI interface based off of that.

Thanks for that. Is there an ETA on either the UCC inventory or UCC 2.2? I'm looking forward to potentially using Rucksack or Inventory pro's integration, but UCC Inv is looking good as well, from what I've seen.

The inventory in version 2.2 is going to have the same functionality as what it does now so that in itself won't help much, but it does make integrations easier with other inventory systems. No ETA yet, but probably within a couple of months.

It's unfortunate that there is quite a bit of uGUI embedded into UCC - definitely my overall #1 pet-peeve. It should be any-GUI friendly.

Look into the Monitors and Editor scripts you'll find everything you need.

Here is a screenshot of using NGUI in the demo scene. I'm going to stop here, but as-is, the inventory system will work just fine for the example video you provided on Discord.

Attachments

• inventory.png
    inventory.png
    676.7 KB · Views: 11
When F5 is pressed I refresh the Table.

C#:
var list = m_Inventory.GetAllItemTypes();

To continue with the example, I would hook into Events as seen in SlotItemMonitor.