Question about the workflow on the behavior tree editor

manscom

hi

I have watched the video of the UCC demo scene, but by looking at that scene, the AgentNolan character is kind of completely using the components from the UCC asset, for example it gets the reference of the UltimateCharacterLocomotion.cs to find the correct ability reference for the behavior tree so that it can trigger the ability animation if I am not wrong about this. But for that, I did not find any videos talks about how to setup a custom character with its' own animations.for example if I have an enemy agent character (let say he is a zombie character), and it has its' own animations need to trigger like "idle" "walk" "attack" etc..., so how do I send these animations reference to the behavior tree when I need to play it.

So my question is,
1.is there a workflow provide from the Opsive asset I can easily to achieve this goal?
2.Or am I still following the common unity rule to play out the animation, for example first find the unity category on the behavior tree editor and second find the animator option to get the animator component reference from the gameObject and finally use the setTrigger function to play the animation I want just like writing a script?

please let me know if the no.2 question is the workflow I should do on the behavior tree editor.

Thank You
Man

This is a good page explaining how that works:

In short your behavior tree should not directly set the animation parameters as that makes it extremely coupled to your animator controller. Beyond that there are no restrictions and it is up to you depending on how you design your controller. For our character controller we use an ability system to set the animation parameters, but that is pretty complicated with its structure so I would start out by first creating a new class (or playmaker FSM) which manages the animations.

This is a good page explaining how that works:

In short your behavior tree should not directly set the animation parameters as that makes it extremely coupled to your animator controller. Beyond that there are no restrictions and it is up to you depending on how you design your controller. For our character controller we use an ability system to set the animation parameters, but that is pretty complicated with its structure so I would start out by first creating a new class (or playmaker FSM) which manages the animations.
thanks for your information, but I have a weird problem about setting up the root motion in the blend tree.

so I don't understand why the root motion animation is not moving in the preview window when I use the blend tree system, but that animation does move outside of the blend tree system and this is an unity problem but I could not find an solution for that. Also, this issue even cause my enemy character can not navigate on the scene after setup the behavior tree.

I have recorded a short video to indicate the problem, please click the below link for your reference.

please assist me to solve this problem if you know about this.
Thank You!
Man

I would post that on the regular Unity forum. I haven't encountered that before and am not sure.