Puppetmaster enemy impacts with UCC character impacts.

JohnG

Hi,

I am getting some strange behavior between puppetmaster and UCC impacts. There is no cross usage between the puppetmaster objects (enemy) and UCC (character). The issue is when I increase the UCC impact force to a high number (200), the enemy puppet sometimes moves towards the character on impact, instead of away.

I assume the impact force is script based and not natural physics based. The reason I assume this is when I use an object to collide with the enemy, it behaves as expected even at high velocity.

Anyone come across this before? Any solutions?

If there are not any suggestions, I am thinking of adding a script to the projectile I am using, lowering the impact to 1, then scripting impact force, force direction, etc, by using On Hitscan Impact Event. Do you see issues with this solution?

If there are not any suggestions, I am thinking of adding a script to the projectile I am using, lowering the impact to 1, then scripting impact force, force direction, etc, by using On Hitscan Impact Event. Do you see issues with this solution?

Seems like this wont work if I attach a script to the projectile.

I am planning a PuppetMaster integration after 2.2 is released so right now I don't have an answer right now, but you should be able to use the OnObjectImpact event:

I'm also struggling trying to integrate Puppetmaster with UCC, would love some updates on the integration with 2.2

I'm also struggling trying to integrate Puppetmaster with UCC, would love some updates on the integration with 2.2

FYI - just happened recently