Puppet Master - Ultimate Character Controller

Caldor

Hoping to see some integration with Puppet Master and the Ultimate Character Controller. Well, planning on trying to add it myself, but since Final IK is already being looked into, it seems like Puppet Master is also something to look into as well. The reason I want it to be a Behavior Designer integration, is because its mainly for AI that I want to see UCC characters controlled by Behavior Designer also be able to react to bullets, get knocked over, get pushed back and so on.

This guy made a tutorial on how to integrate Puppet Master with the Opsive 3rd Person Character Controller v1. Pretty sure too much have changed for this tutorial to work, but I will have to understand the new Ultimate Character Controller better to see what the difference might be.

The main reason I want this, is that while its a cool feature in most games, VR games is where this would shine. Which is why the coming VR support is also a big reason as to why I did not have to think long before buying the new v2 controller system.

I second that also. I guess after Final IK integration, Puppet Master would be the next natural step.
BTW, have you asked Partel if he can update the integration himself? Things are bit blurry who is more responsible for the integration.
I guess the answer is who will get more benefits/or easier to integrate.
I'm sure both Partel and Justin are in the talk though. ^^

Well, dont know who makes the integrations, it will either way probably end up being the two dev teams / people figuring it out.

Its really nice seeing how much Unity asset developers are working together though with so many assets. Its like they all ride each others wave of popularity and that often just benefits everyone, because the wave gets bigger and all the assets gets better with the synergy of the integrations.

The few assets that try to do everything on its own often do not do very well. In this case I think the work is mainly on Opsives side, because Opsives solution has a lot of of animations that are likely to conflict with what Puppet Master tries to do. Ultimate Character Controller even has its own ragdoll. Its taking control of the model so much that for Puppet Master to work with it, it would be impossible for it to do so without changing Opsives controller, which would not make much sense. Puppet Master is already created to allow for integration with such systems, those systems just have to allow it.

It might also just be that I have missed something simple and its not really that difficult to do this. I am right now using Puppet Master to add an active ragdoll to a VR avatar. Seems a bit strange when they are the ones that made both the Final IK asset and the Puppet Master asset that they did not already make such an integration... but probably because its a bit complicated. Final IK has a VRIK script which makes it possible to make a character model into a VR avatar... and now I am using Puppet Master to make it an active ragdoll, because I really like to see that effect in games.

Also Opsive has said they want to add VR support, and while that should probably mean the whole asset has its own VR support, it will most likely be a bit basic. So support for VRTK (not VR-IK) would be nice to see as well.

Yeah, Final IK has many to offer including VR and I think it is a very popular asset, if not, the most. ^^
Opsive also has many (x10) to offer also and extending it would not be easy without the direct modifications. Therefore, I agree that it's better if Justin to do it but he is overloaded with much other stuff. Poor guy. I hope he gets as much as help from many people possible.

I can imagine. I might figure out how to do it myself... if I do I will try to share what I can and maybe help the process along.

I am not even sure if this integration would be mostly for the character controller or Behavior Designer, since I think Behavior Designer is responsible for much of the animations and movement. But I guess it might be the same person who would be working on it.

Just giving you guys a heads up that Partel from Root Motion contacted me about an integration so hopefully it won't be too much longer (no integration is needed for Behavior Designer and Puppet Master).

It does not mention Behavior Designer, but seems promising. I will try it out when I get home if I get the time.