Public Roadmap?

DankP3

Hi,
I wondered if there was a public viewable roadmap for development, so we could see plans. Apologies if obvious, but I did try to search for it?
Thanks,

We currently do not have a public roadmap, but within the next few months we are currently planning:

Version 2.1 and the Agility Pack
Multiplayer (PUN or Bolt, likely PUN)
Rerelease the Deathmatch AI Kit

Justin, a couple of questions.

Where does FinalIK fit in? This is the roadblock feature for me. From what you told us, it is right after Version 2.1, am I right?

If you choose PUN, will you go straight to Unity Network without Bolt? Having both PUN and Bolt might be an overkill. Although they have a quite different purpose, supporting both users might be too much to handle. And on top of that, there is Unity network.

This is very important for my project's future.
I just looked at Bolt documentation and it's quite different from PUN and I'm afraid just integrating Bolt will probably take as much as you integrate PUN. I assume PUN integration will take a couple of months at least and it will look like Bolt or Unity network integration will most likely not be done before 2Q and it will undoubtedly affect my project schedule quite a bit.

I propose you make a poll and let your users decide our fate instead Exit Game guys.

Thanks.

We currently do not have a public roadmap, but within the next few months we are currently planning:

Version 2.1 and the Agility Pack
Multiplayer (PUN or Bolt, likely PUN)
Rerelease the Deathmatch AI Kit
Thanks, I am waiting for a cover system and agility as my initial wishlist.

Where does FinalIK fit in? This is the roadblock feature for me. From what you told us, it is right after Version 2.1, am I right?
Yes, that's the plan (along with UMA).

If you choose PUN, will you go straight to Unity Network without Bolt? Having both PUN and Bolt might be an overkill. Although they have a quite different purpose, supporting both users might be too much to handle. And on top of that, there is Unity network.
I do not know the networking plans after the first addon - it largely depends on the state of Unity's networking implementation. The advantage of Bolt and Unity's networking system is that they are both server authoritative so I would be able to reuse concepts.

I just looked at Bolt documentation and it's quite different from PUN and I'm afraid just integrating Bolt will probably take as much as you integrate PUN. I assume PUN integration will take a couple of months at least and it will look like Bolt or Unity network integration will most likely not be done before 2Q and it will undoubtedly affect my project schedule quite a bit.

I propose you make a poll and let your users decide our fate instead Exit Game guys.
The advantage of PUN is that it will be easier to integrate than Bolt because of the client authoritative nature. This in theory means that we would be able to release it quicker. Due to the nature of the Asset Store we need to release an addon with the largest userbase and right now that is PUN. We'll see what Exit Games thinks after we release version 2.1.

Thanks, I am waiting for a cover system and agility as my initial wishlist.
Awesome. Cover will be in the deathmatch rerelease and we also have plans for a Tactical agility addon that includes cover

Awesome. Cover will be in the deathmatch rerelease and we also have plans for a Tactical agility addon that includes cover

I need to add cover system for third person shooting game project. It's going to be single player game.
Can you tell me, how can I achieve it?

I didn't find ability for 'cover system' inside UltimateCharacterLocomotion.cs

I think the next, after Agility Pack, is to get multiplayer working and then the Tactical that include Cover system.
I'm too eagerly waiting for it. ^^