Problem with equip

dasjlm

Hopefully this is my last question for a while. I'm trying to equip a weapon from BD. The item set gets highlighted but the weapon doesn't get equipped. Of course no error messages so went through the troubleshooting tips and made sure set up matched, but no luck.

I have two weapons a pistol and a rocket launcher.
Either one works okay if added to default loadout.
My problem is if I start out without any weapon in the default I can't equip either one. (Using BD)

Checked the correct item set used.
Checked the item category matched on the equip/unequip ability is correct and matches the one in item the definition.
Turned off wait for animation for testing purposes.
Checked the task in BD using correct item set and correct item number.

Seems like it's almost there as the correct item set gets highlighted.

I did notice that both weapons on the char get disabled when the scene starts which makes sense as they are not in the default loadout.

If I put the weapon in the default loadout it works okay. Just can't equip it if it's not in the default which is required to switch weapons. It's got to be something but darn hard to figure out when everything matches the troubleshooting tips.

It's probably something simple but hard to figure out with no error.

Any suggestions to help me troubleshoot this issue?

I tried to do an equip with AgentNolan and had the same issue. I removed his assault rifle from the default loadout then tried to equip it from BD.
Same problem. The slot with the rife is active but animation not done. I did debugs and found the request gets into the Ability.cs script where it
registers the events

EventHandler.RegisterEvent<Item, int>(m_GameObject, "OnInventoryEquipItem", OnEquipItem);
EventHandler.RegisterEvent<Item, int>(m_GameObject, "OnInventoryUnequipItem", OnUnequipItem);

but the rifle on the players arm is still inactive and there is nothing in the loadout.

Any suggestions?

What task are you using? What does your tree look like? Does the task return success?

The tree was pretty simple so I just decided to start with a scene and finally got things working as expected so now I can get going. Probably screwed something in my test scene but I'm happy now.