please help using drive ability

I have been going over all the parts to get the Drive ability working correctly. I have link a document I create to help show all the working pieces. I'm still going through it as I find other things that are needed.

I haven't touch Edy's Vehicle Physics just yet because there are many moving parts for the Drive ability.

Can you reproduce it within the demo scene?

I started with the UltimateCharacterControllerDemo scene. I disable Nolan from the scene and started with a new one with the Character Manager. I used my own created document to set up the Drive ability on the new Nolan that was just created. The jittery is now happening with the newly created Nolan character. Is there a step that I'm missing with the character side?

Sounds like version 2.2.1 should fix the issue with the weapon not unequipping when getting in the vehicle? When it's happening to me I'm firing the weapon while I press F to enter the vehicle.

@Maximuz24 Here's the link to the created document.

Last edited:
@GearedGeek Thanks a lot anyway i will try and update u regarding this once again thanks a lot :)

Glad I could help and you're welcome. Let me know how well the document did and if I forgot something in it. Right now there is a bug or something that is making the SkyCar jitter while driving in Third person. You can follow this thread to get updates with it.

I just created a minimal scene using a new Nolan and SkyCar and didn't get the jitter issues. Here's the scene that I created:

I just created a minimal scene using a new Nolan and SkyCar and didn't get the jitter issues. Here's the scene that I created:

It seems to be something with the camera that is creating the jittery. I have copy/paste the camera from the MinimalDrive scene into my scene with the Nolan from the UltimateCharacterControllerDemo scene. After that the jittery of the SkyCar was not there.

So then I created a new camera and used the Manager to setup only Third Person Adventure then pasting the Values from the Camera Controller in MinimalDrive scene to the newly created camera. Then I assign the demo Nolan. No jittery again.

I noticed that you are only using Third Person Adventure. Have you tried First Person and with combat? My project is using First and Third views with Combat instead of Adventure.

Last edited:
Ah, that narrows it down. On the Third Person Adventure View Type you'll want to make sure to set a Position Smoothing value of 0. The Main Camera has a value of 0, I'll change that default value.

It appears that once I changed the Position Smoothing on the Third Person Combat view type to "0" the jittery of the vehicle is gone. What about the "Look Offset Smoothing and Obstruction Position Smoothing" value? Should those be changing or left alone?

You may need to change the obstruction position smoothing but I would leave it as is just to see if you get any jittering.

I have created a new scene and a new character. I'm getting the same thing. I haven't touch Edy yet. @Justin Has there been a new bug introduced?

I have also noticed something weird with the SkyCar. If I place the SkyCar and Player on a basic plane everything works but if I place the SkyCar and Player on a Terrain mesh prefab the Player doesn't detect the SkyCar.

Last edited:
I have created a new scene and a new character. I'm getting the same thing. I haven't touch Edy yet. @Justin Has there been a new bug introduced?

I have also noticed something weird with the SkyCar. If I place the SkyCar and Player on a basic plane everything works but if I place the SkyCar and Player on a Terrain mesh prefab the Player doesn't detect the SkyCar.
@GearedGeek Have you tried latest controller. @Justin I also noticed if the car hit wall my character will come ou :).