Picking up weapons, throwing them, and slow motion ?

MaxenceLF

Hi there

I'm trying to pick up weapons by pressing a button on it, but can't find the option. I already checked the video on runtime picking up, but rather than just walking on it i would prefer to look at it, pressing a button ( F ) then picking it up.
Second question, is there an ability to throw the weapon you have equipped ?
Third question, i read that the slow motion was built in ? I didn't found the ability.. What's the name of it ?

Have a nice day pal ! :)

Last edited:
I'm trying to pick up weapons by pressing a button on it, but can't find the option. I already checked the video on runtime picking up, but rather than just walking on it i would prefer to look at it, pressing a button ( F ) then picking it up.
On the Item Pickup component you'll want to disable Pickup on Trigger Enter, and then have the Pickup Item ability start with the Action button.

Second question, is there an ability to throw the weapon you have equipped ?
There is a drop item ability, but it doesn't apply any forces to it, just drops the weapon.

Third question, i read that the slow motion was built in ? I didn't found the ability.. What's the name of it ?
This is added into the locomotion component itself, called Time Scale.

For the weapon pick up, i already did that :

I disables the Pickup on Trigger Enter on my weapon :
PICKUP COMPO TRIGGER DISABLE.PNG

Then i did what you said on the Pickup Ability :

PICK UP ABILITY.PNG

But it still doesn't work, maybe i did something wrong here :/

For the drop : i actually can drop the weapon, but the weapon stays in the air. I checked the demo scene, and the weapon falls on the ground, which is the result i'm looking for. :/

But it still doesn't work, maybe i did something wrong here :/
Try moving the PickupItem ability to be higher in the list so it has a higher priority. Beyond that does PickupItem.CanStartAbility return true?

i actually can drop the weapon, but the weapon stays in the air. I checked the demo scene, and the weapon falls on the ground, which is the result i'm looking for. :/
The weapon falls to the floor with the Trajecotry Object component - make sure you have this component on your dropped prefab.

I just moved it up, and It doesn't return true . Falling, crouching, jumping yes, but this one doesn't seems to work. I tried to change the layers of the pickup to pickup/weapon but it doesn't change anything :/

And thank you for the Trajectory Object, this was actually worked ! :)

Edit : I managed to find the problem, i just had to put a pickup layer on the pickup object, and then change the object detection of my controller to " everything " instead of nothing :)

Last edited: