Optimization ideas for mobile?

Mariano

Hello
I am working on the fps for Android.
It works without errors but moves extremely slowly. I'm testing it on a J7 and an A30 but optimization is lacking.
-I have already lowered the resolution of all textures up to 512 or lower
-I removed the rendering of the player's body
What can I do to improve cell phone performance?
Regards

This is for the character controller, correct? (moving to that forum instead of BD).

The best way to solve this is to profile to see what the bottleneck is. This will allow you to determine exactly what the cause is rather than guessing at different topics.

This is for the character controller, correct? (moving to that forum instead of BD).

The best way to solve this is to profile to see what the bottleneck is. This will allow you to determine exactly what the cause is rather than guessing at different topics.
Ok. A few days ago I was reading a thread in this forum. There they talked just about this. Now I lost sight of him. I think the bottleneck is in the Animator. Although I do not understand well how to reduce the number of animations.

SendMouseEvents does look like it is the bottleneck. If you drill down into it you can see what the actual method is.

I have managed to remove the SendMouseEvents process. And it has greatly improved the playability on the cell phone.
I wonder if I can optimize even more. The Gfx event seen on the graph sometimes appears and sometimes it does not.

Screenshot_1.jpg

Progress! I would do some searching on the Unity forum but just based off of that profiler result it looks like you are now GPU bound.

Progress! I would do some searching on the Unity forum but just based off of that profiler result it looks like you are now GPU bound.
Exact. I will continue searching in the Unity forum although as I am satisfied with the gameplay. I even tried it on a Samsung J4 and it is acceptable. On the A30, it's perfect! Regards