Ultimate Steamworks Networking - Assets Project (Fish-Net, Mirror and Netcode)

You mentioned you would eventually prepare your System for easier switching to other networking solutions such as Fish Networking. Is this already in there?

Hi @Kiu,
I would take care of that maybe after, there I focus on Mirror :unsure:

I try to make clean and easily debuggable code with the defines of ServerAuthority and LocalAuthority, which is not as simple as I thought...
At the same time it allows me to debug and optimize my code and that of Opsive, because being in a network causes errors in the Code of Opsive.
Then it will be necessary to add methods in the INetworkCharacter to sync elements that was only on the local player with the Addon PUN, because now they are found on the server only, such as the dry fire audio when the weapon no longer has ammunition for example.

I have been working with @Pesadelo do Espantalho and it is exciting how close he is getting to having a Mirror version working. His integration does require some changes to the networking API in order for it to be properly supported. I need to better understand what is going on in order to verify the change and ensure it does not break with PUN add-on.

Because it'll require significant time investment from me and we are trying to get version 3 out soon I unfortunately am not able to look at it now. The version 3 API is not too different from version 2 so that part is good. I should have some more time after version 3 is released and the dust has settled. We're getting close :)

Hey guys as soon as I have my asset done and released I would be happy to help with this if you'd like, I am very experienced with multiplayer programming and would love to see this released.
Thank you but for now everything is going well, if you have some suggestions do not hesitate ?

Hello, are we talking weeks or months for the Mirror release please?
For Opsive+Mirror(Ucc), the integration is almost finished but we are waiting for version 3 of Opsive Ucc, in the meantime I am working on Opsive+Mirror(Uis) and I hope that they will be released at the same time ?

Thanks but I don't feel like my question has been answered, if it's going to be months before the Mirror integration is made available then I need to switch networking to PUN, but if it's within 2-3 months then waiting for Mirror is preferred

Thanks but I don't feel like my question has been answered, if it's going to be months before the Mirror integration is made available then I need to switch networking to PUN, but if it's within 2-3 months then waiting for Mirror is preferred
Yes I know but it is not my responsibility, but I would say in autumn pretty much what you said but nothing official for the moment.

Yes I know but it is not my responsibility, but I would say in autumn pretty much what you said but nothing official for the moment.
is there any way to get the beta version? I am in the middle of the project and have been waiting for Mirror + UCC integration for long enough already, my project depends on it, I can't just stop everything and wait for another few months.
I do understand it is not perfect yet, but it will be good enough to let me keep going.

Hi everyone,
Thank you for your interest in these integrations,
The number of interested increases a little day by day!

But I would not do anything without Opsive's approval.
Know that there will be no Early Access, no Beta Version, no other such Requests...

Sorry for the inconvenience caused by waiting...

Hi @nathanj, how are you?
Regarding Fish-Net: Networking Evolved is planned because it was requested at the beginning.

Then I would like to do Photon Bolt and Opsive want the Unity Netcode for GameObjects integration so I don't know in which order.

WARNING: Nothing that has been communicated on this post is fixed, each integration takes time so please be patient.

Currently I am back on the Ucc integration, I have redesigned everything and will surely be much more optimized, but tell me can I remove the local player authority system for coop or non-competitive games like PUN? Because it complicates my job.

I think it would be safe to say that if someone wants local player authority they could just use PUN, or possibly NetCode.

✅ Finally I am totally satisfied with my Client-Side Prediction and Server Reconciliation:
❝ At 1s of lag once the buffer populate we feel only slight jerks especially when the player stops walking, this creates jerks due to the recalculation of position of the reconciliation relative to the server during the same lag time but everything remains fluid even when we rotate the camera while walking. ❞

❌ Sorry but we will have to wait again:
❝ As long as the INetworkCharacter interface is not integrated into version 3 (in my opinion we will have to wait for the update of the PUN Add-Ons), I could not even create a pre-release (yes even if it contradicts me, I am thinking about this option, because you have been waiting too long), but after a long break (I know I would have worked on the Uis but I did not have the mind to that), I will clean up my code and optimize it, prepare the documentation of the part that is already compatible with version 3. ❞

View attachment 10002

Hello everyone, how are you?
I would like to present the project to you officially.

I will make a pre-release of these 3 integrations for Ucc v.3:
-Fish-Net: Networking Evolved*
-Mirror*
-Netcode (for Game Object)*

(*Which are compatible with Steamworks Complete from Heathen Engineering.)

WARNING
These 3 integrations will be based on Mirror for the pre-release, I would then optimize these integrations to get the full potential of each Networking libraries.

Why pre-release all 3 integrations at the same time?
Because I don't want you to buy Mirror for example and then if I release another integration you realize that you would have preferred another library, and suddenly you would have to buy another integration.

What about the integration of Uis?
It will arrive later with the same process and the same Networking libraries.

What is the status of the development of the integration of Ucc v.3?
I will put a link here to the messages of progress.

What is the status of Client-Side Prediction and Server Reconciliation?
✅ Jerks fixed.
✅ Crossed walls during reconciliation fixed.
✅ Support Move, Run, Jump.
✅ Support Terrain, Dynamic Gravity, Orbit Gravity.
❌ Not support Teleport, Moving Platform.
❌ Need INetworkCharacter interface for fixe correctly others abilities prediction.