Opsive Foundation [RPG Framework]

thanks for the feedback, so i just finished removed the stat graph by a scriptable stat calculator template which make things much easier. i will keep the node graph for other stuff like talent tree ( which would be a swappable progression mechanics) .

I agree. node editor for this is not needed. "most" of the time I have always found that "KISS" is usually the best policy.
KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID
usually referring to myself as stupid and a virtual slap upside my head wakes me up hehe

I agree KISS describes me too, I also feel it will result in more sales up front.

If I may now, sorry for this request / suggestion as I hope the framework will be out soon :D

One thing that many RPG has is Magic.. ( this might be an add-on ? )

I see that someone asked Justin for Magic Pack add-on https://opsive.com/forum/index.php?threads/ultimate-character-controller-wip.391/post-2710

And Justin answer = https://opsive.com/forum/index.php?threads/ultimate-character-controller-wip.391/post-2717

Short story, Justin say's no to a Magic Pack add-on for a couple of years :(. Unless, Justin say's some one else makes an add-on for this first.:)

Many of us I think have been waiting years for something like this... I think you stand to make a LOT of $$$ from this.

there are very few very good controllers on the store.... Opsive has always been my favourite as I think many in Unity feel the same.

I am looking very forward to this. If it is possible to some how include a magic damage system, or ad-on would make this even better..
and enable people to make many varied types of games with this system.

Last edited:
well then i will release the framework before the magic pack hehe. so far it has been pretty easy to integrate, when i started to run into problem because it was just not possible to have more than one character controlled but Justin updated to make it possible. since i didn't run into blocking issue, everything is pretty flexible, im not sure yet how it will work to connect weapon and spells but i think that would require lot of rework from my side, like i did with the stats system, doing my own system that sit on top of the controller is the cleanest way.

I have already started the ability system, which i want to be integrated with swappable progression system and inject logic a bit everywhere and replace some part of the editor when you swap the progression system

I am grateful you are working on this. I am sure this will fly off the shelves at the Unity store :)

Maybe if it is possible to think of a magic kind of add on that maybe you can interrogate with the
framework latter on.

I have a question about inventory. is that or can that be part of the framework,
even if not the first version.

I am excited for the first release :)

what kind of magic do you expect ? let me know i am working on skills system right now here is how im planning it:

CHARACTERS:
  • Can have starting skill

Skill:

• Classes allowed
  • Stat required
  • Skill required
  • Stat & vital etc requirement
  • Each level Contain
    • Attributes bonus
    • Resistance bonus
    • Vital bonus
    • Abilities that are granted or available to learn
  • Can Increase & Decrease level
    • By earning specific experience
    • With training / purchasing
    • From an item item

Passives Ability

Not defined yet

Active Ability

• Have ranks
  • Can be obtained depending of gameplay (granted with skill level up, purchased, learned, from item...)
  • Have cast requirement
  • Targeting requirement
  • Have a stack of Effects

Effects

• Can modify stats/vital/attributes over time
  • Can heal/damage over time/directly
  • Can spawn items
  • Resurrect
  • teleport
  • other

IProgression

• NPC have different IProgression
  • Should be injected into entries ( skills, classes)
  • Add editor to edit injected data
  • Auto configure from mechanics
  • Level can be hidden in base framework
  • Define if level are enabled and how it increase stats

NPC IProgression

• Can set a starting value and scale it easily for balancing
  • Increase by : how much increase with each level of the monster

work in progress skill editor i started yesterday:
skill.jpeg
Then for a first beta i plan to release without specific AI but a solid Behavior designer integration or a very simple script for ai replacement.
I already have a basic inventory/container system but i will make it more robust.

Last edited:
Looking great @TinyTree , not even sure if we need AI since you are integrating with USS, might as well leave the AI to Justin's Behavior Designer? There are easier ones, but none as good.

exactly for first release of AI i want to create BD nodes that sit on top of character to check vitals value, decide what skill to use, compare faction of the target so you can have dynamic friendly/neutral/enemy decision

Last edited:
TBH I am not sure the best way to add magic ... I think some do magic as projectile ?
It could be like damage as if it were bullet ? Maybe if factions are used there could also be

AOE types both Buffs and de-buffs plus magic attack ?

I know this is not the best place to say, but I think being open is better....
asset called Eliot AI, I have found it has the KISS principle... and it
would be very nice to maybe have Both BD and Eliot AI, .. Emerald AI as well...

so im working on "effects" now. each ability have a stack of effects. this effect can have multiple logic to apply on projectile target, aoe, self.. for the AI, im building it so you can easily integrate them.

if an asset do an integration with UCC, it cannot be used directly, im using my own layer of logic to decide when to attack, move, die etc.

When I asked about spell casting support to the opsive support email, he said it would probably be v2.2 or 2.3

IDK from reading this post It seems Justin is saying a year at least for magic https://opsive.com/forum/index.php?threads/ultimate-character-controller-wip.391/post-2710

Looking at the store it is now Version 2.0.7 so that would be a while yet. ( unless things have changed )

The nice thing tho is when Magic will be available, I would assume that @TinyTree will be able to incorporate it. I am clueless when it comes to code, so I am just guessing that will be the case. In my opinion Opsive Foundation [RPG Framework] will be one of the best if not the best sellers in its class, once everything is hooked into this controller.... To me atlest this will be the very best of everything that is out there now.

my ability system which allow to make spell will be using its own logic, there wont need to setup everything outside of the ability window when you want to assign sound, set localized name etc. im traveling for few days then after i left my previous work i can put myself full time on the framework for at least one month. hope to make exceptional progress during that time !

my ability system which allow to make spell will be using its own logic, there wont need to setup everything outside of the ability window when you want to assign sound, set localized name etc. im traveling for few days then after i left my previous work i can put myself full time on the framework for at least one month. hope to make exceptional progress during that time !

Exceptional progress in a month? It needs to be packaged and on the asset store by the end of next week?? JK :), keep up the great work and look forward to this!

TBH I am giddy, is one word I can think of to describe my excitement over this all.

With @Justin and @TinyTree , this will be Fantastic !!! The future of 2019 with this combination
is so exciting.. I am just learning all I can about UUC and anything I might need to know how to configure all the parts .. like FPS Mesh tool ..
once all this comes togther... it is going to be fantastic!!

TBH I am giddy, is one word I can think of to describe my excitement over this all.

With @Justin and @TinyTree , this will be Fantastic !!! The future of 2019 with this combination
is so exciting.. I am just learning all I can about UUC and anything I might need to know how to configure all the parts .. like FPS Mesh tool ..
once all this comes togther... it is going to be fantastic!!

Good idea, but besides UUC, shouldn't you also try to learn all you can about UCC also? :p

Good idea, but besides UUC, shouldn't you also try to learn all you can about UCC also? :p

LOL you are so right, talk about being absolutely giddy, HAHA missed the typo .. I will try and learn about UCC too !! :oops: