new Kinematic Object Manager object created on Play

snicker

Hi I am getting this warning

"Characters array resized. For best performance increase the size of the Start Character Count variable within the Kinematic Object Manager to a value of at least 2."

I have increased the Count on my kinematic object manager on the Game manager object created by character manager setup, but a new kinematic object manager gameobject is created on play with counts set to 1. How to fix this?

I believe this happens as a result of the KinematicObjectManager's singleton pattern losing its Instance reference. It may sound weird but can you try deleting the KinematicObjectManager component and re-adding it? (Or re-add it via. the setup manager)

I tried re-adding with copy paste, setup manager, remove/add component and resetting KinematicObjectManager component that and its still creating a new kinematic object manager

Last edited:
Hm, I've never seen this happen - what version of UCC are you on? Can you reproduce this in the demo scene at all?

edit: This can also happen if you're attempting to access the KinematicObjectManager component before its OnEnable has been called - for this I'd check your script execution order in your project settings to make sure that there aren't any other components that would be trying to do this. (And maybe compare your script execution order to the demo's.)

Last edited:
Using 2.2.8, I haven't changed the execution order on my project ever, so as far as I know its the default settings, it seems like the camera controller is running after the KinematicObjectManager

Attachments

• ProceduralDungeonProject - MyDunGenScene - PC, Mac & Linux Standalone - Unity 2019.4.18f1 Pers...png
    ProceduralDungeonProject - MyDunGenScene - PC, Mac & Linux Standalone - Unity 2019.4.18f1 Pers...png
    158 KB · Views: 5
It might be a different script requiring the KinematicObjectManager(KOM). I would do the following. Disable all game objects in your scene, except the "Game" object with the KOM. Then enable them step by step and hit play each time. Check whether the additional KOM is instantiated. If yes, check the components of the game object you just enabled. This way you will find the component/script that runs before the KOM.
If you have the script, check whether it appears in the script execution order. If not, you can add it after the KOM.