Need help to begin setup...

Rene

I have been studying the documentation on ups of ultimate inventory system but I am confused and need some guidance...

I have set up a new inventory database called my inventory database and I clicked the ad components to add to Singleton components to the scene but not sure what that button did... Thank it may have put some components on the “Game” game object...

next under the inventory menu set up it asks for an inventory and a currency owner and this is where I am absolutely stuck the documentation says something about UI prefabs in demo scene... But I am not sure what to choose when I the non-inventory radio button nothing shows in the Scene or the Assets tabs...

I am using a UCC character and have imported the integration file but when I drag my main character player into the inventory menu set up it does not except it...

I also began to study the integration demo in the UCC asset...

I am not sure if I am supposed to add the components I see to my UCC created player character manually.

I noticed in the Inventory Manager a button “Setup Inventory Menu”...but clicked it and I don’t think anything happened.

The Inventory would not accept my UCC player character so not sure here if I needed do add components manually to my UCC player character first before it would accept my UCC from the scene view...

sorry I am confused...

can you help

Sangemdoko

Staff member
This question was answered in the discord channel by the user @Eyeshock

I'll quote him here

Look in the UCC manager for integration, not the UIS menu. Under Integration option is a field for a UCC pregenerated character

@renel So it'll be Make Scene -> Add UCC Manager Component -> Add UIS Singleton -> Create UCC character -> Drag in character to integration manager under UCC controller.

The integration manager replaces the UCC Inventory and Item Manager with the UIS versions and adds a Bridge Script. The only thing you should need to add manually from there is a currency manager if you want one.

You can then add the UIS GUI's from the UIS manager and select your newly integrated character for the monitors.

If you've setup your database correctly, you can now run around and use real-time pickups to add items to your inventory and if the items have Game Objects created by the UCC Manager, they'll show up as item manager sets the same way they worked before the UIS integration.

You can get to that point by simply mimicking the database for the UCC UIS integration demo.
In addition I would like to point out that I am working on a way to get things started a bit faster by allowing people to duplicate the demo database. We're also making tutorial videos which should show step by step how to get started with UIS and the UCC integration

BDSmith

I'm having issues at this same exact point. I do NOT own UCC, I wish, I use Invector's Basic Locomotion free version for now. Any ideas? Seems as though I may be screwed if I don't use UCC

Sangemdoko

Staff member
Hi @BDSmith UIS is a standalone package. It should work with any third party controllers. Of course we added some scripts that allows us to integrate easily betweeen UCC and UIS, so most people will have an easier time if they own UCC and want to do complex character/item equipping/use.

All you need to make the Inventory work is a inventory database, an Inventory system manager component in your scene that references the database, and an Inventory component on your character.
Then from there you can listen to events on the inventory to know when items are added/removed and equip/unequip items on your character accordingly.

Make sure to watch the videos too: https://opsive.com/videos/?pid=22330

Since you aren't using UCC I would recommend creating a database from scratch and only use what you want/need.
Make sure to have a look at the UIS demo in detail to see how things are setup. It doesn't use UCC in any way and we still achieve basic equipping/using equipped items .

I hope that helps

BDSmith

Hi @BDSmith UIS is a standalone package. It should work with any third party controllers. Of course we added some scripts that allows us to integrate easily betweeen UCC and UIS, so most people will have an easier time if they own UCC and want to do complex character/item equipping/use.

All you need to make the Inventory work is a inventory database, an Inventory system manager component in your scene that references the database, and an Inventory component on your character.
Then from there you can listen to events on the inventory to know when items are added/removed and equip/unequip items on your character accordingly.

Make sure to watch the videos too: https://opsive.com/videos/?pid=22330

Since you aren't using UCC I would recommend creating a database from scratch and only use what you want/need.
Make sure to have a look at the UIS demo in detail to see how things are setup. It doesn't use UCC in any way and we still achieve basic equipping/using equipped items .

I hope that helps
Thank you for the response. I pulled those two items from the demo and it's been working. Only, the inventory opens on both I and spacebar. So now need to figure that one out as Spacebar needs to be jump only lol.