Nearby Items - Storage Menu

RedHawk

Does Ultimate Inventory System allow for displaying items that are nearby within a certain radius? The thought is I hit a key (maybe tab or whatever I assign) and my inventory shows up on the left and what's near me shows up on the right. Then I can drag and drop what I want in my inventory from the right to the left. In other scenarios I could open my inventory and drag what I don't want in my inventory to the right side and it drops nearby within that same radius. Maybe something like how you have your storage menu? https://opsive.com/support/document...ory-system/editor-window/ui-designer/storage/

Also, can I drop an item that I no longer want in my inventory to the nearby ground?

Thanks

There is nothing like that out of the box but you could code it yourself.

Out of the top of my head I think you could use Physics.SphereCast and check if any items are within that sphere.
From there you could show those items in the UI. This could be done with a custom "Item View Slot Container" or having a temporary inventory that adds these items and show them in an Inventory Grid/List.

You can drop items using the "Drop Item Action".

Note that you can use our ItemPickup system or you can create your own. Depending on the game you are making it might make sense to create your own custom pickup system.

UIS is very modular so you can easily pick and choose the features you want to use without being constrained by our design decisions in certain systems.

+1
I would like this as well. It would be nice if this was put on the roadmap and eventually built into UIS.